The Lemare Group is currently accepting applications for a position within our Administrative Team. This Team is based in Port McNeill on northern Vancouver Island.
Our Administrative Team members have dynamic opportunities to gain knowledge in multiple disciplines (Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Engineering, Safety, Human Resources, General Executive Assistant, Logistics and Finance) before specializing. We provide training, education, and opportunities for advancement in responsibilities and pay structure. Our Administration Team shares in the priority of quality work and a safe environment therefore the requirement to continuously improve is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Duties and Responsibilities May Include
· Verbal Communications with Suppliers, Customers, Employees, and the Public in a tactful, courteous manner
· Maintaining Management Calendars including conducting travel arrangements- understanding the need for flexibility and changes
· Preparation of presentations, meeting agendas, and minutes
· Data entry, record keeping, and vendor reports
· Analytic review of quotes, inventory, purchasing, and accounts
· Maintaining completion of tasks within prescribed deadlines
· Navigating through systems such as Worksafe BC, Forest Legislation, Mines Act etc
Education and Experience
· Highschool diploma required
· Experience supporting Natural Resource Companies is desired
· 1-3+ years of office/administrative experience with a preference in accounting
· Ability to provide an acceptable drivers abstract and be eligible for Security Clearance through Natural Resources Canada
Skills, Knowledge, and Required Competencies
· Strong interpersonal skills, working in a team environment
· Well-developed communication skills, both verbal and written
· Detail focused and strong organizational skills including the capability to prioritize tasks
· Ability to work effectively with all levels of our organization as part of the team or individually
· Self-motivated, creative and an innovative thinker
· Ability to type effectively, operate related office equipment, photocopier, file management, MS Office
· Act with discretion and maintain confidentiality
Lemare Employer Paid Benefits include Medical Services Plan, Extended Health, Dental, Long-Term Disability, Group Life Insurance, and RRSP Contributions. Employees participate in these plans as subject to the plan’s requirements.
This position is a permanent full-time position. Renumeration is provided based on the individual hired and their skill set. Reviews of training, progress, and renumeration are conducted at established timelines.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00-$30.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Port McNeill, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)