June 15, 2022
GROVES MEMORIAL COMMUNITY HOSPITAL
POSTING # 2022-148
AMBULATORY CARE/DIAGNOTIC IMAGING CLERK
To perform reception and clerical duties for Diagnostic Imaging, Physiotherapy, Respiratory Therapy, Diabetes Education, Clinical Nutrition, and Speech and Language Pathology.
This position is unionized with UNIFOR, Local 1106.
- Secondary School Commercial or Equivalent with Receptionist and Clerical Skills
- Medical Office Administration Certificate (or related program)
- Skilled in computer applications including Microsoft (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Meditech (Admissions/Registration, Community Wide Scheduling, Order Entry)
- Ability to work independently
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills with the demonstrated ability to multi-task and use time efficiently
- Effective problem solver with demonstrated critical thinking and conflict resolution skills
- Exceptional communication, public relations, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Self-motivated, with demonstrated well-developed work habits
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to perform physical work
- Satisfactory performance and attendance required
- Satisfactory Reference Checks required prior to start date
- Must provide a Police Vulnerable Sector Check
- Must complete a Pre-Employment Health Assessment including providing proof of full COVID vaccination prior to being hired
SUMMARY OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Patient Care Manager of Allied Health/Ambulatory Care, this position will be responsible for facilitating effective communication and providing reception and clerical support to the Diagnostic Imaging, Physiotherapy, Respiratory Therapy, Diabetic and Nutrition, and Speech and Language Pathology departments including:
- Answer telephone, retrieve voice mail and return calls
- Scheduling appointments in conjunction with clinicians for adults and pediatric clients
- Receive clients with scheduled visits with, Diagnostic Imaging, Dietitian, Patient Educator, Respiratory Therapist and Physiotherapist and Physiotherapy Assistant, and Speech and Language Pathologists
- Entering new clients and outpatients into Meditech, scheduling and attending in Meditech. Printing, assembling charts for new referrals with accurate information, including labels and appropriate contact information
- Process out-patient information forms (i.e., referral forms) and prepare charts for departments
- Maintain and manage waiting lists through Meditech application
- Manage financial transactions including OE billing for procedures
- Prepare and track month end statistical information as required
- Maintain office supply inventory for departments
- Manage the storage and retrieval of charts
- Responsible for word processing and communications including photocopying, faxing and typing required for departments (i.e. business letters, procedures, forms, teaching materials)
- Sending reports/discharge notices out to referring physicians.
- Cancelling and rescheduling patient appointments for sick/vacation days
- Attend staff meetings and prepare meeting minutes
- Picking/dropping off mail
- Setting up payroll for posting and manager approval
- Photocopying materials, reports, laminating etc.
- Shredding confidential department papers
- General office organization
- Maintaining client confidentiality. Documentation in client charts with all client contact
- Supervising any volunteers with non-clinical duties
- Ordering office and therapy materials from catalogues and online
- Receiving orders as they arrive and checking packing slips, etc.
- Providing active filing space in the Diagnostic imaging department by scanning and electronically filing current films, as well as indexing and purging.
- Entering new clients into the Speech Database and keeping the database up-to-date as changes occur for current clients (e.g. Updating addresses, entering discharges, etc.)
- Assisting with maintaining monthly and annual statistics/workload measurement information. Compiling and redirecting stats
- Sorting new referrals
- Creating therapy materials including PECS (Picture Exchange Communication) using Boardmaker, Lesson Pix and other therapy materials preparation
- Knowing the phonetic alphabet for computer scoring of articulation tests as completed by SLPs
- Organizing therapy materials into appropriate categories. (E.g., articulation materials vs. language materials)
- Other clinical duties as trained in and supervised by the department SLPs
- Assist with patient transportation and department maintenance as required
- Performs all other duties, as required
Hours of Work:
- On an as needed basis, as per department schedule
- As per Collective Agreement
SALARY: According to current UNIFOR Clerical salary grid.
Interested applicants please submit your cover letter and resume on BambooHR at the following link: https://whca.bamboohr.com/jobs/ by 4:00 pm on June 23, 2022.
INTERNAL applicants please apply with your work email address.
EXTERNAL applicants are considered only after the internal posting process has been completed. Only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Groves Memorial Community Hospital strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, the hospital will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.
Groves Memorial Community Hospital is committed to providing and fostering a safe, healthy and respectful workplace for all employees, free from violence and harassment.