Art Gallery Manager
We’re proudly Canadian and celebrating over 44 years in business, specializing in art, wallcovering, mirrors, and alternative wall décor.
Come and work with the team that manages every step within the art development and supply chain process – from art consulting, publishing, to manufacturing. We work directly with artists, offering our hotel, commercial and retail clients excellent innovative design and customization.
Art Gallery Manager
Are you interested in taking your experience with art design and in retail management to the next level in a corporate environment? Join us and be part of an exciting and creative team!
In this role, you will manage a team of art consultants to provide service and design support to clients from internal design artists to individuals looking to purchase or to frame their own works of art. Additionally,
- Manage the look and feel of the showroom gallery curating art selected from our extensive catalogues, both 2D and 3D, maintaining the highest standards of the gallery.
- Represent PI Fine Art at shows and exhibitions to maintain knowledge of trends and for selecting artists for showcasing in the gallery.
- Build and maintain relationships with your team, internal teams and clients, and develop strategies to grow the business.
- Manage loss prevention strategies in all areas of risk management, physical security, gallery cash controls, inventory management and internal audits
- Establishes and monitors standards of customer care within the showroom
- Guides and leads marketing activities relating to the Showroom; leads product pricing processes
- Coaches, leads and develops your team to drive sales, achieve and surpass targets and control expenses.
If you bring the following to this role…
- Strong leadership skills, with five (5) years of relevant art industry work experience including team management, sales and customer relationship management (CRM) leadership responsibility.
- Previous experience in showroom or gallery management within the luxury goods, retail, interior design, furnishings and/or art framing and sales areas is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel/Word/Power Point/Outlook)
- Experience of Photoshop, database management, social media and mailings
- Your Academic qualifications may include:
- Art history/history of art
- Arts management
- Business studies
- Fine art/visual art
- Marketing and sales
And have ….
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills are essential.
- Ability to project a calm, professional demeanour and instill a strong sense of confidence.
- Attention to detail coupled with a commitment to follow through.
- Strong problem-solving skills and excellent time management skills with and a strong ability to prioritize on the fly.
And are able and willing to travel within North America.
Then your next successful career moving is waiting for you at PI Fine Art.
Competitive market-based compensation package with full benefits will be offered to successful candidate based on experience.
At PI Fine Art/PI Creative Art, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve.
If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
COVID-19 considerations: To keep our employees safe we have implemented a COVID-19 Policy, which includes remote work where possible, PPE and sanitization practices throughout our facility, in addition to a daily health questionnaire and temperature monitoring.