The Assistant Maintenance Manager is a full time, year round position based out of Mammoth Hot Springs. This position is accountable for helping in the upkeep, repair work and enhancement of Xanterra facilities in Mammoth Hot Springs, Roosevelt Lodge and Gardiner, Montana and reports directly to the Mammoth Hot Springs Maintenance Manager. If you have a passion for nature and wish to be a part of an excellent Engineering team, this might be a great chance for you! To read more about living, working, and exploring Yellowstone, take a look at our site.
- Position Type: Full Time Year Round
- Set up: ~ 40+ Hours Per Week
- Area: Mammoth Hot Springs location of Yellowstone National Park
- Real estate: Housing is supplied (small cost)
The Must Haves
- Valid Driver’s License and a tidy driving record
- Should be at least 21 years old
- Supervisory/Management Experience
- Healthcare benefits
- Paid trip
- Sick Time
- Xanterra Travel Collection discount rates
Why Yellowstone National Park Lodges
We are an inviting neighborhood who strive, share a genuine enthusiasm for the environment, and take pleasure in crafting unforgettable experiences for our guests. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection, we are the primary authorized concessioner in Yellowstone, and as such, we are happy stewards of the park.
To help the Mammoth Hot Springs (MHS) Maintenance Manager with:
- Direct guidance and administration of all Mammoth Hot Spring upkeep employees.
- Scheduling and ensuring that all maintenance work is accomplished in a timely and expert manner.
- Communicating with all department personnel parkwide and works with all levels of management at the area, consisting of guests, the National Park Service, and outside specialists.
- Responding to upkeep demands by all area departments, in addition to work designated by the Maintenance Manager and Engineering workers, as directed.
- Coordinating and offering proactive, prompt and precise details to maintenance staff, location Operations managers, Engineering personnel, specialists, concessioners, and the National Park Service.
- Representing the area Maintenance Department as the Safety Lead and makes sure all work is finished in a safe way and according to Company policy and procedures.
- Helping with the conceptual style and development of associated building activities and carries out plan evaluations and assessments as asked for.
- Recording preventive and corrective maintenance including labor, products, property records and stock records in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- General understanding of all trades typical to maintenance operations.
- Should excel in client service, as well as verbal and written interaction abilities and supervising personnel in accordance with Xanterra’s policies and procedures.
- Need to possess strong organizational abilities as they connect to preparation and scheduling maintenance activities.
- Should be self-motivated, have the ability to work independently or with restricted guidance, and need to be available to work nights, weekends, and vacations when needed.
- Knowledge of OSHA General Industry (1910) and Construction (1926) safety and health standards in cooperation with Xanterra’s policies, procedures and programs.
- Should excel with Microsoft Office and have general knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Need to have the ability to check out and interpret building drawings and specs.
- This position may require the use of breathing protection and will need compliance with suitable policies including a clean-shaven face and medical screening.
- Must have the ability to walk long distances over irregular terrain and climb stairs and ladders in all types of weather conditions.
- Should have physical endurance to stand up to heavy, labor-related work in an outside environment, including standing, flexing, kneeling, crawling for extended periods of time when required.
- Need to be capable of raising items weighing up to 50 pounds.Must have the ability to sit, stand, bend, kneel, and crawl for prolonged periods of time as needed.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will get consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, nationwide origin, special needs or veteran status.