The University of Medicine and Health Sciences, a modern state-of-the-art medical school on the island of St. Kitts. UMHS is a provider of medical education offering a doctor of medicine degree program. Basic science courses are completed on the main campus located in St. Kitts, West Indies. After passing the USMLE step 1 exam students continue in the Clinical Program for semester 6-10 at affiliated teaching hospitals in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada. The University is accredited by Accreditation Commission on Colleges of Medicine (ACCM), and St. Kitts Ministry of Education as well as several US states. We are seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Associate Director of Academic Administration. The position is full time at the New York City administrative office.
The position reports to the Associate Dean of Academic Administration (ADAA). The Associate Director of Academic Administration is primarily responsible providing support for compiling Annual Accreditation Applications, Databases, Self-Studies, and accompanying documentation. The successful applicant’s responsibilities for support customer service, administrative, and selected data entry functions into our CAMS Student Information System for the development and formatting of UMHS Accreditation Documentation and ensuring the integrity of the data by using reports and processes for quality assurance. In addition, assisting the ADAA with coordinating accreditation actions, site visits, other meetings, special projects and other daily tasks as assigned.
Primary Job Duties:
- Supports ADAA in maintaining compliance and the University’s Accreditation status.
- Collaborates with University staff and administration to ensure the integrity of the data supplied to the ADAA for the development of the annual database, applications, and self-studies.
- Communicates with Affiliated Hospitals regarding roster of preceptors, CV’s, and appointments.
- Work with ADAA on Site Hospital Visit preparation.
- Gather and format all supporting documents for Accreditation reports.
- Prepare statistical reports as requested by ADAA.
- Performs general data entry procedures to update, modify and edit CAMS SIS.
- Work collaboratively with others in a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Answer phone calls and provide customer support.
- Coordinate and complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills Required:
- Master Degree in Higher Education.
- Significant analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-starter, must be able to work unsupervised.
- Consistency with organizational processes and daily tasks.
- Excellent professional written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills – must be able to work with diverse groups.
- Considerable knowledge of computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Databases, Access, etc.).
- Experience utilizing New Innovations preferred.
- At least 3 years’ experience in Institutional Accreditation.
- Foreign Medical School and or LCME Accreditation experience preferred.
Salary is commensurate with training and experience.
Please learn more about UMHS by going on our website at umhs-sk.org and take a tour of our St. Kitts campus.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V