ANGLE is a world-leading liquid biopsy company with offices in Guildford (UK), Toronto (Canada) and Greater Philadelphia area (USA). ANGLE’s patented liquid biopsy platform and associated assays have the potential to be used throughout the cancer care pathway to provide clinicians with individualised, up-to-date, and clinically actionable insight into every patient’s cancer. This could enable patients to receive timely, personalised treatment and improve clinical outcomes.
Liquid biopsies involve sampling and analysis of peripheral blood to identify signs of cancer. Liquid biopsy is minimally invasive and can be undertaken safely in community clinics to provide patients with a rapid diagnosis and timely treatment with targeted therapies. Liquid biopsy may also help to safely monitor cancer patients in remission to provide early warning of recurrence.
In 2021 ANGLE opened GCLP compliant clinical laboratories in Guildford (UK) and in the Greater Philadelphia area (USA) to provide “pharma services” for cancer drug trials and, once the labs are accredited, laboratory developed tests (LDTs) for patient management.
In May 2022, ANGLE achieved FDA clearance for a novel medical device for the capture and harvest of circulating tumour cells (CTCs) from metastatic breast cancer patient blood for subsequent analysis.
Join our Team:
This is an exciting time at ANGLE and our research and development facility located in Toronto is looking for an Associate Scientist to join our Research and Development team.
The Associate Scientist works in a regulated lab environment and designs, performs and reports laboratory experimental tasks for the development, optimization, verification and validation of assays or assay systems to analyze nucleic acids or protein expression in human biological samples.
The Associate Scientist works on projects that may require considerable innovation resulting in a major impact on company performance, following set goals and determined route(s) to delivery. The incumbent works to ensure success of projects, company goals and milestone delivery.
At ANGLE, we foster a dynamic, entrepreneurial approach to translating leading edge translational research into clinical diagnostics. We offer the potential for significant corporate growth and career development. We promote a culture of collaboration and shared excellence while encouraging an open and honest exchange of ideas.
We are always in search of potential employees who share our vision and want to make a difference today. In your submission, please describe your background and what you can bring to our team along with attaching your resume.
- Develop, optimize, verify, and validate assays for nucleic acids and/or protein in support of corporate research and product programs
- Perform and document results from daily hands-on experimentation, device and assay designs and verification tests
- Provide detailed, comprehensive plans and specifications for projects
- Ensure project results are documented in a timely manner with concise conclusions to inform decision making
- Develop and maintain laboratory procedures and equipment consistent with QSRs
- Contribute to the development of new products and ideas through literature reviews and observation
- Participate in the design, testing and validation of new instruments and processes
- Work within the New Product Development process and provide documentation and supporting evidence to ISO13485 and 21cfr820 standard for gate reviews
- Implement design controls, verification, and validation strategies in compliance with relevant regulatory guidelines and with minimal supervision
- Provide training to other staff members and external partners when assigned
- Provide technical support as required to support commercial partnerships and customers
- Represent the company externally as required through participation in partner projects and customer technical support
- Perform such other duties and responsibilities that are consistent with the role of an Associate Scientist or as may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Attributes:
- BSc. in Life Sciences, preferably an advanced degree in a field of oncology, molecular biology or cell biology OR an equivalent combination of commercial experience and formal education
- 2-3 years research lab experience, preferably in an industrial biotechnology or diagnostic company operating in a regulated manufacturing or product development environment
- Experience in molecular biology techniques for nucleic acid analysis, cell biology and immunoassays
- Experience in immunology, oncology, or related scientific discipline
- Ability to innovate technical solutions by drawing from scientific and patent literature
- Hands-on experience in developing, running, and troubleshooting RNA/DNA/protein assays
- Working knowledge of appropriate regulatory requirements (e.g. cGMP, ISO, WHMIS, Occupational Safety)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong scientific/technical aptitude
- Ability to summarize and interpret detailed data for a variety of audiences
- Creative, yet disciplined problem solver
- Strong commitment to producing high quality results in support of project goals
- Ability to recognize and respond to unexpected opportunities or risks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment
- An eye for detail and commitment to high quality data
- Continuous learner with a keen appetite for cross-disciplinary work
- Possess a flexible, can-do approach to the requirements of the job
- Entrepreneurial thinking and work ethic
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Stock options
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Etobicoke, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor’s Degree (required)