- Toronto, ON
- South West Ontario
- Calgary, AB
In this vital position, the Audio Visual Technician will be responsible for service calls, installing required hardware, troubleshooting to ensure the installed systems work flawlessly, explaining the system to the client and answering any questions the client may have. This position requires strong technical skills, with 3-5 years experience in the industry, as well as excellent communication skills. We are looking for candidates who are dynamic and professional, able to multi-task and able to work independently.
3-5 years experience as a commercial audio visual installation technician and have experience with the following:
- Crestron/AMX controls.
- Extron switchers.
- Polycom and TANDBERG/Cisco videoconferencing products.
- Working knowledge of basic hand tools.
- Good mechanical/fabrication and soldering skills.
- Ability to accurately read wiring diagrams.
- Direct supervisory experience with excellent communication skills.
Please Note: This job involves some heavy lifting and the AV Technician will sometimes have to go up on 25-30 ft. lift.
The responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Direct supervision of employee and contract installation technicians.
- Training customers on Activo systems.
- Provide technical support to the sales representatives when needed.
- Install low voltage cabling, wiring, termination, rack building and equipment as per project company standards.
- Troubleshoot and service installed systems and components.
- Review and understand schematics, technical drawings & equipment lists.
- Providing end user system training when required.