POSITION POSTING #1621
SERVICE AREA: Residential Services
LOCATION: Kerry’s Place Toronto Region – Toronto
POSITION STATUS: Part-time
HOURS OF WORK: Irregular hours per week (Days, evenings, weekends, overnight, holidays; flexibility required; as per Collective Agreement)
HOURLY PAY RATE: $19.12 – $23.14 per hour (Autism Support Assistant) | $18.29 – $22.13 per hour (Overnight Awake) | $17.50 per hour (Overnight Sleep)
UNION AFFILIATION: SEIU Local 1
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO: Internal and External applicants
Please note the base wages listed above include an additional $3/hr wage enhancement for providing direct care to persons we support.
Are you looking for a meaningful career full of lifelong learning and everyday adventures?
At Kerry’s Place, we help enhance the quality of life for more than 8000 people with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) each year! Our dedicated team of professionals have become experts in the field through our continuous training and development programs. Get ready for a fun and vibrant career because every day is an adventure at Kerry’s Place!
Why Join our Team?
- Make a Meaningful Difference in Someone’s Life
- Career Development & Internal Growth Opportunities Available
- Various Employer-Paid Training Programs
- Flexible Schedule
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (optional)
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Corporate Membership discount for Goodlife Fitness
- Employee Recognition and Celebration Programs
- Open and Inclusive Work Environment
About the Role:
In this role, you will provide services that maximize the health and safety and personal fulfillment of persons diagnosed with ASD. Responsibilities may include:
- Provide coaching and support in the areas of social skills, communication and leisure activities.
- Provide solutions to barriers impacting achievement of quality of life, ensuring Personal Outcomes are met for each individual
- Administer medication as per procedure
- Follow Behavioral and Crisis Protocols as documented
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with families, supports and community members
- This position supports adults
- Completion of a Human Services Diploma from a recognized Community College or University or a Personal Support Worker certificate from a Community College or from a registered and Ministry approved Private Career College; OR
- Completion of Ontario Secondary School (or equivalent) and 1 year of related experience (preferably supporting people diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder).
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team.
- Must have the ability to physically support children, youth and adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Must have the ability to complete the NVCI certification as well as perform the required physical techniques; (training will be provided at no cost).
- A valid Driver’s License, with a minimum G2.
Kerry’s Place is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Kerry’s Place is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Kerry’s Place Autism Services.