Refrigerative Supply Limited is a family business owned by Alison Hamilton and Linda Gibbs. The business was founded by Peter Gibbs’ and Alison Hamilton’s parents, Jack and Elizabeth Gibbs. In 1949 they acquired the four-year-old Vancouver branch of an American-based company. From this modest beginning, the Company now has a Head Office in Burnaby and sixteen other branches. We are committed to remaining a family business and are proud to have the third generation working in the business. The company’s mantra is to ‘inspire excellence and trust’ by providing creative solutions and unrivaled experiences, in-store and online, that make RSL the choice for customers, suppliers, and employees at every location. For more information, please visit: www.rsl.ca
Our purpose is to provide the highest quality HVAC and Refrigeration experience in Canada.
To be the environment that inspires excellence and trust within our community.
Gracious, Collaborative, Courageous, Innovative, Community Focused and Exceptional Experience
What you would be doing.
The Branch Administrator is responsible for assisting Branch Manager in all aspects of administration, inventory control, daily cash reports, bank deposits and warranty claims in conjunction with head-office team. The position also assists sales and warehouse staff during busy periods.
Sales & Warehouse
- Follow up on customer inquiries such as duplicate billing, backorders, etc.
- Answer incoming calls and enter customer orders during busy times.
- Provide administrative support to warehouse including receiving products during busy times.
- Resolve supplier receiving issues or discrepancies.
- Provide support to all branch staff in the use of P21 warehouse & sales functions including training new hires.
- Check and file packing slips including identifying shipping errors if any.
- Notify purchasing agent or handle supplier shipping error.
- Prepare freight claims.
- Investigate inventory issues and assist in branch inventory clean-up.
- Assist in preparation and organization of annual inventory count.
- Participate in annual inventory count.
- Oversee stock adjustments.
- Close Moneris terminals and balance cash reports on a daily basis.
- Prepare and reconcile bank deposits and take to the bank.
- Take customer credit card payments over the phone, process transactions on-line and forward receipts to the credit department.
- Handle customer account inquiries such as invoice copies, shortages, payments etc.
- Maintain warranty book and warranty tags.
- Act as a liaison between sales staff and head-office when dealing with warranty inquiries.
- Handle incoming mail by stamping and distributing.
- Order office stationery, coffee supplies & Moneris paper.
- Order food/prepare training room for customer functions/seminar training.
- Assist head office staff with their inquiries.
What we are looking for.
- Deliver superior customer service.
- Able to handle difficult customers with diplomacy and tact.
- Capable of following written instructions and documented procedures.
- Understands basic inventory, warehousing and stocking procedures.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Basic computer/keyboarding skills.
- Problem-solving and analytical ability.
- Motivated self-starter, comfortable in fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards.
- Professional demeanor.
- Effective listening, communication (verbal and written), and negotiating skills.
- Judgment and decision-making ability.
- Team player who works productively with wide range of people.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Experience in an administrative role.
- Education: High school diploma
- Experience: Minimum 2 years’ administration experience
Refrigerative Supply Limited is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected will be contacted.