Business Development Associate, Jonas Software – Mergers and Acquisition Division
Jonas Software is a leading provider of enterprise management software solutions to the Foodservice, Construction, Country & Golf Club, Fitness & Sports, Attractions, Hotels and Resorts, Salon & Spa, Education, Radiology/Laboratory Information Systems and Product Licensing industries. Within these vertical markets, Jonas is made up of 95+ distinct brands in 25+ major vertical markets, which are respected leaders within their own domain.
Jonas’ vision is to be the branded global leader across the aforementioned vertical markets and to be recognized by customers and respective industry stakeholders as the trusted provider of ‘Software for Life’ and as an ambassador for technology, product innovation, quality, and customer service.
Jonas Software is the valued technology partner of over 80,000 customers worldwide in more than 30 countries. Jonas employs over 2,500 skilled individuals consisting of a cross-section of industry experts and technology professionals. Jonas is headquartered in Canada and also operates offices throughout North America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and Africa. Jonas is a 100% owned subsidiary of Constellation Software Inc., headquartered in Toronto and traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange and is part of the TSX 60 Index.
Jonas Software is seeking a Business Development Associate as part of the Foodservice and Construction portfolio. This position will report to the Manager of Business Development, and work closely with the portfolio’s Senior Management team in continuing the company’s success in identifying and qualifying acquisition opportunities.
You will be successful if you are a true people-person, inherently curious, and have a passion for creating and maintaining relationships.
Prior inside business development experience is critical. While no formal financial training is required, basic financial literacy and a knowledge of software is an asset.
What your impact will be:
- Support the M&A team in screening and researching potential company targets through the usage of research tools;
- Directly solicit and engage companies via telephone for potential acquisition; call with good purpose and qualify target companies to ensure they meet our investment profile;
- Maintain relationships with our existing network of acquisition targets through frequent telephone calls and e-mails;
- Effectively communicate Jonas’ investment strategy, while ensuring that the investment process is handled with care and professionalism;
- Track activities and maintain relevant information in Salesforce CRM;
- Generate and report on leads, set up qualified appointments and move opportunities through the M&A pipeline.
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years of direct experience in outside sales, business development, or M&A sourcing
- Aptitude and passion for outside sales, lead generation and mining of new business opportunities
- Exceptional organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated success in cold calling, prospecting and sales processes
- Strong understanding of software businesses is an asset; and
- Knowledge of Salesforce or similar CRM is an asset.
What will make you stand out:
- Have a positive attitude and work ethic, with a strong drive for results;
- Self-starter with exceptional organization, prioritization and multi-tasking abilities who thrives on new challenges and takes initiative
- Strong integrity and trustworthiness, with the ability to manage sensitive information and relationships with a high degree of professionalism;
What we offer:
- 3 weeks’ vacation and 5 personal days
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision coverage from your first day of employment
- Flexible work options (with some work from home options
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Pay: Up to $60,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- What is your salary expectation?
- Outside sales: 3 years (preferred)
- Business development: 3 years (preferred)
- Merge & Acquisition Sourcing: 3 years (preferred)
- Cold calling: 2 years (preferred)
- CRM software: 2 years (preferred)