Fraction is a platform where homeowners can access health insurance, automate property tax payments, get income-generating investments, and more. All personalized with technology and fuelled by their home equity. Here at Fraction, we believe that you can make money and do good at the same time.
Our core values are:
- Exceedingly Empathetic
We treat our customers and each other with the highest level of empathy and respect.
- Fantastically Fearless
We are a team that is deliberate in what we do, but we aren’t afraid of taking initiative.
- Clearly Concise
Be clear and upfront.
- Radically Resourceful
We figure things out quickly, and we retain the scrappy mindset of achieving a lot with a little.
- Inherently Innovative
We strive to find original solutions and are unconstrained by the way things are currently done.
We are a young, fast-growing startup that wants to change the world. If you are excited by the opportunity to offer something truly valuable to our customers and at the same time build a new kind of business, then Fraction may be for you.
Fraction is currently hiring for our sales team! We are looking for an experienced, motivated Business Development Manager with an entrepreneurial mindset who is excited to join our team.
As a business development manager, you will be responsible for originating residential mortgages through referral channel networks and driving revenue performance for the business.
You will be joining a hardworking and dynamic team of BDM’s. You’ll take ownership of your territory’s volume objectives and increase revenue while also maintaining both deal quality and underwriting efficiency standards.
- Setting up referral partnerships with mortgage brokers in order to build out an application pipeline for Fraction’s unique mortgage product.
- Develop and maintain mutually beneficial referral relationships with select referral partners in your region.
- Build a budget, set goals and KPIs, and execute on those goals.
- Be a team player and help us define our culture in an early-stage business.
- Provide unparalleled sales support and lending guidelines training to all of our referral partners.
- Liaise with your colleagues in underwriting in resolving issues with referral partners.
- Maintain and elevate the company’s reputation by representing us at key industry events.
- Key performance factors will be based on funded volumes, underwriting quality and efficiencies, and customer satisfaction survey results.
- Champion the Fraction mission culture with external partners.
- Refine and provide input on the sales strategy and go-to-market positioning
Who you are
- You are a master in sales, relationship management, and development with a proven track record of success.
- You possess a strong background in residential mortgages with 5+ years of experience.
- You know how to manage a sales CRM, entering all leads and opportunities and tracking a sales funnel.
- Reporting. You are excellent at measuring metrics that matter, tracking your own performance and being accountable for the results.
- You build budgets and demand promotional spend to help you succeed.
- You’re entrepreneurial – can test things quickly and change tactics as the data tells you to.
- You use social media regularly to promote and drive the bulk of your business. Being on zoom is easy for you.
- You make things happen – podcasts, virtual presentations, networking events.
- You have comprehensive knowledge of the referral partners in the mortgage community in your region (British Columbia or Ontario).
- Previous mortgage underwriting experience is considered an asset.
- Having a Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or marketing is a plus but not essential.
- A mortgage broker or agent license is required.
- Competitive Salary + Bonus or Equity (for the right candidate)
- Vacation + Full benefits (medical, dental, vision)
Diversity and Inclusion statement
At Fraction, we are committed to providing an environment where people of all types have mutual respect for one another. We recognize that we are greater together than the sum of our parts. We reflect our customers’ diversity and we know that we make better decisions and work is happier, more productive, and meaningful when we do it surrounded by diversity, celebrating difference rather than just tolerance.