Sales jobs can be rewarding and exciting, especially a technology sales job at CDW. As a Fortune 200 leader, we’re the technology experts that Canadian companies turn to most to solve all their IT needs. This is an exciting career opportunity to sell some of the biggest, most innovative technology brands in IT, while collaborating with some of the brightest, best, and most diverse technology minds working in IT today.
The Business Development Specialist supports the development and execution of strategic plans to expand and enhance business opportunities within select Public Sector accounts, as well as Group Procurement Organizations and other such collaborative buying groups, within the assigned business segment “Public Sector.” This individual generates new business through various business development activities including identifying and strategically targeting contracts, mentoring inside sales and field sales teams, supporting prospecting, networking, and building customer relationships, and interfacing with CDW PPM department to support strategic partner growth plans, as well as positioning CDW as a preferred partner for public-sector contracts.
What you’ll do:
- Drive incremental revenue and profit growth through contract wins and strategic sales initiatives
- Identify key contract opportunities and maintains a contract pipeline. Participates in on-going planning sessions
- Work in collaboration with CDW Capture management team to strategically approach new contract opportunities, including development of partner strategy and consulting with CDW stakeholders to determine solution or delivery gaps. Work on a plan to fill identified gaps
- Analyze opportunities and provides leadership to sales teams with various options and the best strategy to secure large contract/customer wins
- Assist in communicating to our manufacturer partners our focused market acceleration strategy; supports the development of partner-facing business plans to position CDW as a preferred partner for large contracts and secures advantageous pricing or appointment to contracts.
- Support the Field Team at the customer level to influence the final requirements of the target opportunity
- Work closely with various stakeholders throughout the company including inside sales teams, field sales, sales management, program management, finance, services team, solution architects, et al. Identifies potential business partners (OEMs, Primes, Subcontractors, etc.)
- Coordinate with appropriate resources such as Program Sales to execute contract paperwork, such as Adoption Agreements, NDAs and Teaming Agreements
- Post contract award activities: Support and coordinate/develop content for quarterly business reviews with group procurement organizations (GPOs) or other major contracts and strategic accounts. Assist program management team with contract launch including seller trainings; advise sellers on which contract to position to customer to maximize sales potential and contract utilization
- Support development of and execution of go-to-market strategy and unique value proposition statements for each of the major broader public-sector verticals: higher education, K-12, health care, and municipal/provincial governments
- Coordinate with Public Sector Marketing Specialist to promote a focused market strategy and unique value proposition, public-sector campaigns, public-sector conference planning, and execution, customer, and seller-facing collateral, and more
- Represent company at external business networking opportunities, conferences, and events
- Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge on CDW’s products and services, as well as those of CDW competitors
What you need to succeed
- Be fluent in written and verbal French and English
- Hold a post-secondary degree or diploma
- Have three or more years of experience selling technology
- Possess a strong understanding of the IT market
- Demonstrate a proven ability to influence across all functions of an organization
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate collaborative behavior with excellent facilitation and negotiation skills
- Have strong problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to find solutions while working independently
- Be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers, and coworkers
- Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple priorities/projects, meet deadlines, facilitate change, and delegate responsibility
Ideally, you have:
- A wide network contacts in the IT manufacturing sector
- One or more years of experience working on large contract pursuits
- Experience selling to or supporting customers in the public sector
- Familiarity with GPOs
Who we are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organizations in Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies; from fresh-faced startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small.
What you can expect from us: Culture, coworkers, careers:
CDW is not only the People Who Get IT, but the People who get People. Our relationships are fueled by our deep expertise and grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self-and your best ideas-to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving-and better solutions for our customers on a rapidly evolving technology landscape.