Business System Analyst
Capco – The Future. Now.
Capco is a distinctly and positively different place to work. Much more than consultants, we are active participants in the global financial services industry. Our passionate business and technology professionals enjoy a unique environment where they are actively encouraged to apply intellect, innovation, experience and teamwork. We are dedicated to fully supporting our world class clients as they respond to challenges and opportunities in: Banking, Capital Markets, Finance Risk & Compliance, Insurance, and Wealth and Investment Management. Experience Capco for yourself at capco.com
Let’s Talk About You
You want to Own Your Career. You’re serious about rising as far and as fast as your work and achievements can take you. And you’re ready to write the next chapter of your career story: a challenging and rewarding role as a Capco Business Analyst
Let’s Get Down To Business
We are looking for experienced financial services Digital Business Analyst and Business System Analysts across multiple levels (BA and Sr BA). This role offers the chance to advise and deliver regulatory change projects as part of a fast-paced, long-term strategic partnership with leading financial institutions.
You bring a very good understanding of financial domain products is an advantage.
Elicit, analyze, document, communicate and manage requirements/user stories with stakeholders and pod members by applying a variety of elicitation techniques to probe, challenge, and understand requirements according to the requirements management discipline and alignment to client standards/processes, industry best practices and NEW Agile @ Scale framework
Identify, document and validate current state processes and work with stakeholders to design the desire future state
Lead requirements management from high level, mid-level to detailed level business requirements (including business use cases/scenarios, business rules, business process maps, customer data flows, themes/initiatives) and translate business requirements into detailed functional specifications considering non-functional requirements and accessibility standards (I.e. epics, stories, tasks, etc.)
Support PO in the development of story map and creation of epics and spikes/enablers that require additional technical expertise
Lead and facilitate user story refinement ceremonies
Bridge the communication between PO and development/QE members, and lead the delivery of requirements/user stories across the pod
Active participation in all POD ceremonies including PI Planning, Sprint Planning, Daily Standups, End of Sprint Demo/showcases, and Retrospectives
Proactively identify, communicate, and track requirement risks, issues, assumptions, dependencies, constraints
Provide recommendation to support the development of system design, test plans, and necessary artifacts to ensure business needs are met
Adhere to Enterprise project governance controls to ensure projects meet all performance, quality and compliance standards and conforms to appropriate disciplines
Contribute to Quality Assurance activities by supporting the development of test scripts and testing of developed solutions, including communication of issues and resolution
Provide sound technical knowledge and foundational understanding of the various components of the applications, supported by the team in relation to system components, functionality, interfaces, data flows and business rules (ex. UI, native vs web based, API, mid-tier/backend)
Skills and Expertise
- 5+ years of relevant experience – Previous Development, mobile banking, digital, web banking, Canadian retail banking, wealth experience preferred
- Ability to take initiative. Applicant must be able to determine solution / story gaps and complete work without being directed by management / other BSA.
- Ability to schedule / coordinate / lead the necessary reviews to complete user stories. Applicant must take the initiative to complete their work and escalate to delivery managers as required as soon as concerns / project risks are identified.
- Ability to support project planning / sprint planning activities, estimate work effort etc.
- Ability to ask clarifying questions during requirements / review sessions to understand the nuances of the solution in order to document detailed system requirements. Ability to question business requirements to identify true business need.
- Acknowledge personal knowledge gaps and be able to seek answers from tech team / other stakeholders to complete the understanding as part of story creation and documentation.
- Flexibility to meet quick turnaround times, and changing priorities ability to work on multiple items concurrently
- Ability to work independently
- Experience with Agile/Confluence/Jira
- SQL and Postman experience nice-to-have
Now Take the Next Step
If you’re looking forward to progressing your career with us, then we’re looking forward to receiving your application.
Capco is well known for its thought leadership and client-centric model that distinguishes it from other consulting firms. Capco’s strong technology and digital knowledge base, it’s global experience of the Financial Service enables us to deliver projects from strategy through to delivery. We are committed to providing new areas of expertise from which our clients will greatly benefit. We have:
- Access to industry-focused talent globally
- Ability to leverage best-of-breed, innovative products and solutions for complex architecture and large-scale transformation
- Extended global geographic market reach
- Ability to capitalize on our client footprint and deep domain expertise within financial services
For more information about Capco, visit www.Capco.com.
Capco is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.