Do you love taking on new financial applications projects? Do you have what it takes to drive change and deliver excellence?
Yelp is looking for a Business Systems Analyst to join our Financial Systems team. In this role, you’ll support the finance system environment at Yelp, and help lead projects related to expanding Yelp’s finance system footprint. Our team is a key member of the engineering organization, responsible for the management of the company’s financial, billing, and planning applications. We work with the finance organization to define and execute the vision and strategy. It’s on us to support major firm-wide initiatives while providing guidance and creative, innovative solutions.
The Yelp engineering culture is driven by our values: we’re a cooperative team that values authenticity and encourages “unboring” solutions to problems, while also having fun in a collaborative environment.
We’d love to have you apply, even if you don’t feel you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Yelp, we’re looking for great people, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
This opportunity is fully remote and does not require you to be located in any particular area in Canada. We welcome applicants from throughout Canada.
- Proactively identify and propose scalable application features and functionality that improves accounting process and overall finance application user experience.
- Partner closely with our Finance and Accounting teams on diligently troubleshooting and resolving application related issues.
- Apply finance systems skills, knowledge, and expertise to drive, support and deliver our finance systems vision.
- Gather and formalize business requirements, prepare design documents, create detailed test plans and training related to new enhancements and features.
- Partner and coordinate with finance, engineering, and third party providers on executing solutions.
- Plan and conduct regression tests, user acceptance tests, and data validations.
- Work with vendor support processes to log tickets and assist with the planning and testing of updates and patches.
- Ideally 3 years of working experience in a similar role or a degree in a related discipline.
- Knowledge of Oracle ERP systems in some or all of the listed modules: GL/AP/AR/FA/PO/eBTax/Projects.
- Experience with billing systems such as Zuora.
- Experienced in application implementation methodologies and processes.
- Solid grasp of Excel/Google Sheets; experienced with data analysis.
- Deep understanding of accounting concepts and principles.
- Can ensure SOX and compliance standards are met in all work performed.
- Will actively develop and maintain strong relationships with internal business partners and external vendors.
Vaccination against COVID-19 is not required for this role. We nonetheless encourage all employees to get vaccinated. Employees who are not vaccinated may not visit Yelp’s offices or participate in any in-person work activities, and are not eligible to transfer or be promoted to a role that requires vaccination.
You can find more information about Yelp’s five star benefits here!
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other protected status.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.