This employment opportunity is located in a community in the town of South Bruce Peninsula, Bruce County, Ontario,
Are you truly passionate about making a difference in someone’s life?
Whether you have worked with seniors for decades or have recently decided that supporting Seniors is the sector for you, Our client welcomes those who share our passion for exceptional service and care. We encourage you to explore our employment opportunities. Discover how you can be a part of a dynamic team that strives daily to create meaningful moments for our valued residents. We are looking for individuals like you, who want more than ‘just a job’. Apply to work with us if you are truly interested in making a difference in someone’s life.
The Cook is responsible for ensuring that proper meals are prepared and served on time to residents and guests and ensures that work areas are maintained in a safe and sanitary condition. The cook will also assist in maintaining a safe and secure environment for residents, visitors and other staff members.
The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Provides food preparation, prepares meals for residents and guests ensuring dietary needs are met; dining room service, busing and dishwashing services in accordance with established work routines.
- Ensures residents are satisfied with all aspects of food preparation and presentation.
- Responds to resident or family member concerns and ensures appropriate action is taken within decision-making authority and/or brings to the attention of the General/Operations Manager.
- Prepares and presents meals and food for special events in a manner that promotes a positive image and reputation to the public at large.
- Effectively communicates and interacts with residents, family members, visitors and volunteers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Orders and receives food and supplies.
- Operates and cleans food production equipment and food preparation areas.
- Successful completion of secondary school or equivalent.
- Valid Food Safe Certificate.
- Previous experience in a volume food preparation environment in the health care or hospitality industry.
- First Aid Certification considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of special diets.
- Understanding and experience of the Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points (HACCP) program and food safety plan.
- Must have a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness.
- Customer service orientated.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Demonstrated empathy and understanding of the needs of seniors.
- Effective interpersonal relationship and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to organize work and work under strict time constraints.
- Must be able to operate related equipment.
- Candidates must be available Monday to Sunday.
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Search, which may include a vulnerable sector screen, will be required.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties.