June 15, 2022
GROVES MEMORIAL COMMUNITY HOSPITAL
POSTING # 2022-154
CLINICAL EXTERN – BSCN STUDENTS
TEMPORARY FULL TIME
Temporary full time Clinical Extern opportunities are available at Groves Memorial Community Hospital in the ER, Surgical Services, OB and Medicine departments.
A Clinical Externship will allow students who are currently completing their BSCN programs to be immersed in the clinical settings within the hospital and they are employed as unregulated care providers.
The extern will be assigned with a primary nurse and assist with ADL’s for patients.
These positions are non-union.
HOURS OF WORK:
Must be available to work 8-12 hr. day and night shifts as well as 2 out of 4 weekends
- Have successfully completed year 3 of RN program.
- Have current BCLS and immunization requirements.
- Possess ability to work in collaboration with the health care team and preceptor nurse in the provision of patient care.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of infection prevention and control practices.
- Ability to follow instructions accurately.
- Provide resume plus two (2) letters of reference including one from a Nursing Instructor.
- Satisfactory performance and attendance required
- Satisfactory Reference Checks required prior to start date
- Must provide a Police Vulnerable Sector Check
- Must complete a Pre-Employment Health Assessment including providing proof of full COVID vaccination prior to being hired
- To work under the direct supervision of a nurse in the provision of patient care according to the plan of care.
- To aid with routine activities of patient care such as hygiene, grooming, comfort, safety, mobility, nutrition, response to call bells and observation.
- To provide orientation to patients and families on admission.
- To observe patients and report findings to the nursing staff.
- To demonstrate critical thinking, problem solving and team work skills.
- To attend staff meetings and educational sessions.
- To seek assistance when unsure.
- To demonstrate understanding and commitment to safety practices including staff safety, patient safety and environmental safety.
- Any other non-patient care activities as needed by the clinical area.
- Maintains confidentiality in accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
Interested applicants please submit your cover letter and resume on BambooHR at the following link: https://whca.bamboohr.com/jobs/by 4:00 pm on June 23, 2022.
Groves Memorial Community Hospital strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, the hospital will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.
Groves Memorial Community Hospital is committed to providing and fostering a safe, healthy and respectful workplace for all employees, free from violence and harassment.