Active Exhaust Corp. is a leader in the design, test, and manufacture of exhaust systems for a broad range of global customers. With more than 550 employees worldwide – many of whom have been with our company for over 30 years — our global footprint ensures we can execute through state-of-the-art processes within North America, Europe, and South and East Asia.
As a world leader in the design and manufacturing industry, Active Exhaust is seeking an eager and enthusiastic Commodity Buyer to join our successful Toronto team immediately. We are looking for a talent with solid professional skills.
The Commodity Buyer is responsible for the handling of sourcing and commodity management activities of assigned categories of materials and services for existing requirements and future business plans.
This position will report to the Group Procurement Manager.
What you will be doing:
- Develop a strategy for assigned commodities to achieve material costs savings targets through a detailed analysis of current spending, including consolidation and/or localization opportunities
- Pursue the commodity strategy to ensure competitive advantage /product costs leadership for Active Exhaust Corp.
- Ensure that the commodity strategy evolves to support changing market conditions and risk considerations.
- Ensure that yearly KPIs are met, and action plans or continuous improvements ideas are identified to close gaps in targets
- Ensure the sourcing and commodity management of various assigned materials and services required for the existing requirements and future business plans.
- Coordinate and liaise with internal departments for involvement with all stages of requirements (acquisition to serial life) for the fulfillment of purchasing role.
- Identify and assess suppliers, determine their capabilities, and qualify for Active Exhaust’s systems compliance, for the company’s existing and future needs of materials, equipment, services, and allied items.
- Ensure to obtain completed and acknowledged documentation from the suppliers as per Active Exhaust’s systems requirements.
- Obtain requirement details and specifications from internal customers for issuance of RFI, RFP & RFQs in accordance with the company’s procedures.
- Obtain and evaluate quotes for comparative presentation and award decisions in compliance with the company’s procedure.
- Negotiate with vendors to obtain the best value price, consistent with specified engineered standards of quality, safety, minimum lead time, and consistent on-time delivery.
- Responsible for supplier relationships for communication and coordination with all other departments with regard to purchasing matters.
- Visit suppliers as required to understand the cost, quality efficiency, and overall supplier performance and capability.
- Complies with all-new methods, systems, policies, and procedures to ensure the efficient and effective operation of purchasing activities.
- Maintain contacts with the markets or suppliers from which the Buyer obtains materials and services and keeps Management fully advised of market status, trends, availability, and projected performance.
- Participates in Continuous Improvement of department/plant operations and strives to meet or exceed Cost Reduction Goals.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
What you bring along:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Business, Economics or equivalent.
- PMAC certification is considered an asset.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in purchasing or supply chain, with a strong understanding of product and process should-cost methods.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a purchasing management role within a manufacturing environment, metal fabrication preferred.
- Proven negotiation techniques and understanding of manufacturing industry best practices.
- Experience with supplier interaction for VAVE and cost reduction programs and processes.
- Knowledge and experience with Lean concepts and driving operational excellence.
- Broad understanding of manufacturing processes (ie. machining, stamping, forging, casting, plastics, electronics, fasteners, etc.)
- Familiar with Supply Chain concepts and Incoterms.
- Experience in strategic sourcing, commodity management, RFI, RFP, RFQ, supplier assessment, cost /pricing analysis and control, negotiations, management of customer nominated suppliers, and INCO terms.
- Knowledge of the MRP environment. Previous Syspro experience is a definite asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, negotiation, and mathematical skills.
- Self-starter and proactive. Ability to successfully engage and interact with all levels of employees in a multicultural environment.
Our team includes members with a wide diversity of cultural and technical backgrounds, ages, and experiences. We understand that your work at Active should support you no matter your current situation, and we offer several benefits to ensure that your work is fulfilling while respecting your work-life balance:
- Competitive compensation and vacation packages based on current industry norms
- Group health benefits
- RRSP matching
- Advancement opportunities and lateral movement based on personal interest and qualification
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. To be considered, candidates must be able eligible to work in Canada.
If you are interested in applying, please send us your resume demonstrating your qualifications, skills, and experience.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion. Active is an equal opportunity employer and qualified candidates will be considered regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, cultural or national background, marital status, disability status, and any other basis protected by Ontario law.
Under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Active Exhaust provides accommodation support throughout the recruitment process upon request. If you require accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment process, please let us know.
Job Type: Full-time