Estimator/Project Manager: Dewatering/Bypass Division
About Atlas Dewatering
Atlas Dewatering Corporation, established in 1946, has well over seventy years of experience in the construction industry for construction dewatering and environmental groundwater/surface water management. Atlas also specializes in bypass pumping systems, providing pump rentals, sales, and service. We pride ourselves on quality workmanship and service with knowledgeable and dedicated staff in both dewatering and bypass projects.
Summary of Function:
Atlas Dewatering Corporation is seeking a dedicated Estimator/Project Manager with experience in estimating, project management and preferably some experience in construction dewatering/bypass pumping.
They are responsible for working on and completing estimates for tendered & negotiated projects and providing estimating support to the estimating team, billings and as well as our project management groups.
They will make profitable and competitive bids by coming up with all the cost information needed for construction project tenders. Main responsibilities involve reviewing construction plans and specifications, and then designing appropriate dewatering/by-pass solutions for diverse projects while ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments, and goals. The health and safety of employees, clients and property is a key aspect of this job.
- Locate and source available dewatering and by-pass projects for tender and attend pre-bid/site meetings.
- Review project drawings, specifications as well as engineering and environmental reports.
- Compile and execute detailed dewatering and by-pass quotations.
- Evaluate and aid in designing filtration and treatment systems,
- Establish and maintain current client and potential client relationships.
- Work closely with outside engineers, clients, consultants, government agencies to obtain and manage project related permits.
- Maintain and organize project files, production, and summary for project invoicing.
- Implement and manage change orders to achieved project milestones.
- Perform follow-ups to projects and keep a record of contract awards for market assessment purposes.
- Follow-up/pursue unawarded bids to make Atlas Dewatering Corporation the successful bidder.
- Prepare pre-qualifications, presentations, billings, and submittals.
- Visit job sites and contractors’ offices when necessary to review their dewatering/by-pass requirements.
- Evaluate and aid in the design of dewatering/filtration/treatment systems.
- Maintain estimating database with Atlas’ electronic software.
- Provide support to the estimating, project management and operations teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Technical college/university graduate or with subsurface construction experience such as, sewer infrastructure, tunnels, underground building foundations and structures alike.
- Strong interpersonal, team building, negotiation, and communication skills.
- Proven ability to create, compose and edit detailed proposals.
- Must have strong computer skills in Microsoft office suite.
- Must have outstanding organization and planning skills.
- Must have a G license in good standing.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- construction estimating: 1 year (preferred)