Founded in Kingston in 1954, Homestead Land Holdings Limited has grown to become one of Canada’s largest and most respected owners of multi-residential apartment buildings. We have branch offices in London, Hamilton, Toronto, and Ottawa with the head office in Kingston and over 200 apartment buildings in various cities in Ontario.
We are currently seeking a full time Construction Labourer to support various restoration projects of our high-rise apartment buildings in the GTA. This is a seasonal contract position commencing immediately and ending in late fall, with the possibility of becoming full time permanent towards the end of the contract. This position is primarily within the GTA with some travel to other cities in southwestern Ontario as required.
Typical duties include:
- Carry out day to day restoration/general labour tasks as instructed by the supervisor
- Utilize a range of tools and equipment such jack hammers, drills, grinders, etc.
- Ensure all safety procedures are followed at all times
- Suspended access platform work at heights and swing stage operation would be an asset
- Restoration of buildings including: concrete repairs, brick repairs, coating systems
- Previous experience is an asset; pay will vary depending on perspective individual’s experience
A satisfactory reference check, criminal records clearance, and proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 are required for the position, though the Company will provide any accommodation required by law.
We conduct criminal record checks. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those being considered will be contacted directly. Homestead Land Holdings is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Please make needs known in advance.