Date Posted: 07/29/2022
Req ID: 26278
Faculty/Division: VP – University Operations
Department: Food Services
Campus: St. George (Downtown Toronto)
Under general supervision, cooks food in accordance with established recipes in a cafeteria operation, as well as leading a group of cafeteria workers.
- Cooks food in accordance with established recipes and menus;
- Prepares vegetables, meats and pastries for cooking;
- Sets out food in appropriate containers to be served, and garnishes;
- Ensures cooking and preparation areas and utensils used are cleaned after use;
- May assist in preparation of menus;
- Instructs Cafeteria Workers in preparation of food;
- Assists in maintaining inventory and ordering supplies;
- Other related duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications for Selection
Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent, some post-secondary culinary courses are desirable.
Three (3) years of related working experience, further education may be substituted for experience.
Physical ability to perform required duties, ability to communicate effectively in English (oral and written), tact in dealing with people and ability to lead. Successful completion of food safety training.
NOTE: Please note that this posting is for eight (8) full-time vacancies.
Employee Group: CUPE3261 FT-Sessional
Appointment Type: Ancillary Operations
Schedule: Variable including evenings & weekends
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone: Probationary Rate: $20.19/hr -Job Rate: $22.39/hr
Job Category: Appointed
- Successful candidates will be invited to an interview on St. George Campus, the week of August 22nd
- Remuneration package includes: group health benefits, pension and educational assistance