Refer A Friend
At McDonald’s, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.
Position title: Human Resources Consultant, Corporate
Department: Human Resources
Position band: Supervisory/Consultant (Global Grade 3)
Reports to: Manager, Corporate HR
Type of Position: Full-time, permanent
McDonald’s Canada has a growth opportunity for a Human Resources Consultant. Reporting to the Manager, Corporate HR, you will be a key member of the Toronto-based team, working in tandem with specialists in our regional offices in Canada.
You will shape and provide advice to inter-and intra-departmental cross-functional teams focused on creating innovative HR solutions and programs that support our people promise. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of an organization that truly understand the value of employee value proposition (EVP), supports Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, embraces our Values, has a keen interest in talent development and the role that people programs play in the employee experience.
Who You Are
You are an HR Generalist with three to five years of experience. You are proactive and have an energetic customer-service orientation with an awareness of and sensitivity to diversity. Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple high priorities within tight deadlines. Superior verbal and written communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, demonstrated ability to identify, gather information and data, present options effectively. Ability to work collaboratively as part of the National Human Resources team and across the business.
You are looking for a company with a winning culture where you can grow in depth and breadth while making a tangible impact on strategic initiatives and staff engagement.
What’s in it for you?
This is an unparalleled opportunity to join a winning organization during an exciting time of transformational change. You will be part of the global HR organization delivering programs and capabilities to help enable the transformation. You will gain exposure across all levels of the organization, from your team members to the Chief People Officer; from managers to Executives and Franchisees.
As a HR Consultant, you will apply your expertise as you help spearhead our people programs, manage multiple projects and HR initiatives – contributing to the McDonald’s Canada EVP.
Our National HR Consultant will focus on:
- HR Business Partner: You will partner with employees and business leaders to deliver a wide range of HR services, advice and support including but not limited to performance and talent management, talent acquisition, employee policies and practices, employee relations and organizational change
- Vendor management: You will build strong relationships with our vendors through regular touchpoints to evolve programs and services and manage.
- Award and recognition programs: You will ensure our people programs align to our EVP, thereby providing our people a sense of pride in our brand
Our new Human Resources Consultant will have:
- The experience. Minimum of three to five years demonstrated experience in a retail, hospitality or consumer goods environment providing expertise and advice in relation to complex human resources matters; as well as experience advising stakeholders on policies, procedures, and best practices.
- The education. Post-secondary education with a focus on Human Resources or a related field of study. The CHRP designation or working towards it is an asset. A combination of relevant experience and education is preferred.
- Talent Proficiency: Refined consultative approach that engages stakeholders in a collaborative manor. Excellent judgement: strong initiative and ability to work independently. Tact, empathy and confidentiality in dealing with difficult or sensitive situations.
- Strategic Proficiency: You chart the right course by using data and critical thinking. You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, demonstrated ability to identify, gather information and data, present options and partner with stakeholders to effectively and creatively resolve complex human resource matters.
- Project management: Demonstrated knowledge of project management methodology and project management experience both as an individual contributor and as a Project Lead.
- Bilingualism is an asset
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.