East to West Group of Companies: Credit Analyst
Employment Status: Full Time
About Us: East to West Group of Companies is a full-service Financing, Insurance, and Investment services firm which offers a full suite of mortgage lending, truck and equipment financing, insurance and investment services. Collectively, we bring over 30 years of experience in these respective fields.
Purpose of Job:
We are currently looking for a passionate Credit Analyst who is organized, detail oriented, has excellent interpersonal skills, takes initiative, is patient, positive and is eager to learn.
Roles and Responsibilities;
Oversee and manage the tracking of credit data and various transaction details.
Analyze credit submissions from the sales group, leveraging your knowledge and experience in equipment leasing, credit underwriting, and financial analysis to exercise good judgment in providing approvals for qualified loans/leases within assigned lending limits and according to East to West Credit Policy and Procedures.
Develop a strong understanding of the lending practices and guidelines of various funding partners in order to facilitate the packaging of credit applications most efficiently to maximize approval rates, meet service times, and satisfy the structure and rate expectations of clients.
Perform commercial equipment valuations and apply it to concepts such probability of default and loss given default.
Work Experience / Education / Designations:
· Completed high school education, or equivalent work experience
· Experience or education in accounting/finance with an emphasis on reading and interpreting financial statements (e.g. calculating various financial metrics such as cash flow coverage, working capital, debt to equity and interpreting trends associated with these metrics)
· Strong communication skills (over the telephone and in person)
· Proficient knowledge of PC’s, including a sound working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
· Strong multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced work environment
· Strong collaboration skills
· Continuous learner, highly analytical, with good conceptual and critical thinking skills
· Attention to detail and accuracy
· Excellent data entry skills
· A suitable combination of experience, training and education may be considered
· An understanding of various commercial equipment with a focus on long haul transportation is preferred but not required
To be determined
Benefits offered after 3 month probationary period.
East to West will require individuals who are fully fluent in English. Knowledge of a second language is considered an asset.
More Information: For more Information Visit www.ewgroup.ca
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Surrey, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- underwriting: 1 year (preferred)
Expected start date: 2022-09-01