The Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions, Cayman Islands Government, is currently inviting applications for the following post(s):
CROWN COUNSEL (Financial Crime)
CI$79,656.00 – CI$107,148.00 per annum
Approx. £66,700.00 – £93,200.00
Crown Counsel (Financial Crime) will be responsible for conducting criminal proceedings, civil recovery proceedings and assisting with the processing of requests for international legal assistance. Crown Counsel (Financial Crime) will have a specialist focus on proceedings in respect of money laundering, terrorist/proliferation financing, serious fraud, corruption, regulatory offences, and asset recovery proceedings.
The successful post holder will operate at all levels of the Court system, including the Cayman Islands’ Court of Appeal. Crown Counsel (Financial Crime) will be required to advise law enforcement agencies and Government Departments and Statutory Authorities.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience and Skills
Applicants for this position should be a Solicitor, Barrister or Attorney-at-Law qualified to practice in an English-speaking Commonwealth jurisdiction, or qualified to practice in the Cayman Islands in accordance with the Legal Practitioners Law (2015 Revision). Applicants must also:
- ideally possess a minimum of five (5) years’ post qualification experience, to include significant experience in the field of financial crime (preferably with an international element);
- be able to develop clear practices and procedures in relation to financial crime;
- be familiar with the laws and legal systems in the United Kingdom and other Commonwealth jurisdictions;
- possess strong advocacy, interpersonal, negotiation, independent research and analytical skills, and be able to assimilate instructions quickly;
- be able to work under pressure, and render prompt and effective legal advice at very short notice.
The remuneration package for this role includes a non-contributory Government Pension Scheme and medical and dental coverage. Please note that no income tax is payable in the Cayman Islands (CI$1.00 = GBP£0.87 approximately).
A detailed job description, information on benefits and the ability to create your profile to apply for this post are available at our job portal. Please click Apply to access.
Deadline for receipt of applications: Friday, 1- July 2022