theScore, a wholly-owned subsidiary of PENN ENTERTAINMENT, empowers millions of sports fans through its digital media and sports betting products. Its media app ‘theScore’ is one of the most popular in North America, delivering fans highly personalized live scores, news, stats, and betting information from their favorite teams, leagues, and players. theScore’s sports betting app ‘theScore Bet’ delivers an immersive and holistic mobile sports betting experience and is currently available to place wagers in New Jersey, Colorado, Indiana, Iowa and the company’s home province of Ontario. theScore also creates and distributes innovative digital content through its web, social and esports platforms.
About The Role & Team
On the Reporting team at theScore, our mission is to develop high-quality and sustainable automated solutions to meet the financial and regulatory reporting requirements for our iGaming business. As a Reporting Analyst, you’ll work hand-in-hand with the Data Engineering team to build, validate and deliver reports to meet the specific requirements in each betting jurisdiction. The ideal candidate has strong SQL skills, a passion for data, a background in automated reporting and an interest in professional sports, betting & eSports.
About The Work
As a key member of our Reporting team you will:
- Work with finance, executives and engineering teams to create new reports or make updates to existing reports as required.
- Manage automated regulatory, financial and executive reporting processes.
- Create and manage validations testing suites on all reporting processes.
- Test programs or databases, correct errors and make necessary modifications to existing databases.
- Work with Data Engineers to design and manage automated processes using principles that are efficient, well structured, maintainable and easy to understand.
- Provide timely responses and solutions on issues that arise in day to day automated reporting processes.
- Continuously improve reporting implementation and adapt to changing technologies.
- University degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years of related experience.
- Exceptional knowledge of relational databases and SQL.
- Ability to understand and report on complex data and handle all edge cases
- Must have an analytical mind set and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to focus in a fast paced environment and multitask.
- Familiarity with automation tools such as Airflow, DBT or Cron jobs.
- Familiarity with analysis tools (R or Python) is an asset.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package.
- Comprehensive Benefits package.
- Fun, relaxed work environment.
- Education and conference reimbursements.
- Opportunities for career progression and mentoring others
theScore is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.