Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
- Process and manage claims for disability benefits in accordance with the terms and provisions of the applicable group insurance contract (STD, LTD).
- Communicate with a variety of stakeholders (claimants, employers, physicians and treatment providers, etc.) to gather the relevant information allowing the initial and ongoing assessment and management of a claimant’s disability.
- Establish and clearly articulate the rationale for an action plan and interventions for appropriate and timely outcomes throughout the life of a claim.
- Manage competing priorities and determine how to effectively partner with internal or external resources that may assist in resolving barriers for a claimant’s return to function.
- Collaborate with colleagues and contribute to the disability claims team’s success, while working closely with the coaches and managers towards creating a best-in-class client experience.
Other working conditions:
Willing to consider 100% remote
- College diploma in a related field
- A minimum of three years of relevant experience including two years of experience in a similar or client relationship role
- Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- Background in Health Science studies (an asset)
- Specific knowledge
- Knowledge of French (an asset)