- BONUS: Free employee Housing through October 19th 2022
Upgrade your daily commute. Join the Driving team in Yellowstone National Park!
While any road in the park can be considered the “scenic route,” driving in Yellowstone can be stressful due to the high number of visitors looking at scenery and wildlife. One must be able to handle the stress along with driving on mountainous roads. Learn more about the Driving & Warehouse department.
Position Type: Seasonal
Start Date: March/April 2022 – October 2022
Schedule: Varies – ~ 40+ hours per week,. may include weekends, evenings and holidays.
Location: Throughout Yellowstone National Park (Canyon, Gardiner, Grant, Madison, Mammoth, Old Faithful, Roosevelt, Lake)
Perks & Benefits
- Free in-park housing provided including Wi-Fi (limited bandwidth), laundry, and all utilities
- All meals provided at low cost including breakfast, lunch, and dinner ($164.24 per two-week pay period + tax)
- Meals and housing costs are subject to change
- No Wyoming state taxes deducted from your paycheck
- Free Employee Recreation Program (athletics, gear rentals, seminars, van trips, hiking, and more).
- $350 Referral Bonus for EACH person you refer who gets hired
- Time and a half paid above 40 hours
Why Yellowstone National Park Lodges
We are a welcoming community who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy crafting memorable experiences for our guests. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection, we are the primary authorized concessioner in Yellowstone, and as such, we are proud stewards of the park.
See Yourself Here
Get the Scoop from Employees on Instagram , TikTok , and Facebook !
Applicants for a Driving job will be considered for the following positions, based on skill level:
Linen Truck Driver
- Responsible for distributing and collecting linens and supplies on location for the Housekeeping Department.
- Also responsible for accurate linen inventories and maintaining clean and functional linen rooms.
- Most driving takes place on location, but occasional travel on mountainous roads is necessary.
- Responsible for loading, handling, transporting, and unloading all furniture, fixtures and equipment used throughout the park.
- Also responsible for loading and transporting discarded items to the landfill or recycle centers outside of park. Transporting, unloading, and setting up banquet equipment.
- Applicants must be at least 21 years of age, possess physical stamina and conditioning to withstand heavy labor for 8 hours a day, and capable of lifting 75 pounds frequently.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Positions Full)
- Proficient in the safety and use of loaders, skid steer loaders, backhoe loaders, dump trucks, snow blowers, and other equipment common to the trade.
- Proficient with the use of chainsaws, hand saws, wedges, block & tackle, and other tree falling equipment.
- General knowledge of log work, domestic utility repair work, placing concrete and asphalt patching, painting and staining (i.e., bumper log finishing).
- Class A CDL License required.
- Maintain the cleanliness and proper working order of vending machines.
- Replenish product in vending machines. Collect recepts where product is added, record transactions and turn in receipts.
- Restock vending truck from warehouse and record transactions.
- Basic mechanical skills a must.
Vending Technician Assistant (Positions Filled)
- Repair and maintenance on washing machines, dryers, vacuums and vending machines.
- Maintain and stock all ice-houses.
- Keep accurate inventory of vending parts and company property.
- Transport clean linen to locations and picks up dirty linen to deliver to the laundry facility.
- All applicants must possess a current valid Class A CDL with air brake endorsement.
Retail Distribution Driver
- Deliver mechandise from the Retail Distribution Center to gift shops throughout Yellowstone.
- Must be able to lift up to 100 lbs with assistance repeatedly.
- Must be at least 19 years of age to operate a company vehicle.
- Must have valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Must possess or obtain a current DOT physical qualification.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.