Yellowstone National Park Lodges has a goal to improve recycling by 3% each year. We presently recycle or compost 60% of waste, which is more than double the nationwide average. In 2015, thanks to the efforts of recyclers and staff, we kept 3,391,920 pounds out of the land fill, rather sending them to end up being brand-new products. These essential positions permit Yellowstone workers to live their values by keeping materials out of landfills and assisting sustain the planet for future generations. Discover more about the Sustainability department.
Position Type: Seasonal
Start Date: April 2022 – October 2022
Schedule: Varies– ~ 40+ hours each week, may include evenings, weekends and holidays
Location: Throughout park: (Canyon, Gardiner, Grant, Lake, Old Faithful)
Perks & & Benefits In-park
- real estate offered including Wi-Fi (minimal bandwidth), laundry, and all energies ($45.74 per two-week pay duration)
- All meals provided including breakfast, lunch, and supper ($164.24 per two-week pay period)
- Meals and real estate expenses go through change
- No Wyoming state taxes deducted from your income
- Free Employee Recreation Program (sports, gear leasings, workshops, home entertainment, video games, and more).
- $350 Referral Bonus for EACH person you refer who gets worked with
- Time and a half paid above 40 hours
Why Yellowstone National Park Lodges
We are a welcoming neighborhood who strive, share a real enthusiasm for the environment, and enjoy crafting unforgettable experiences for our visitors. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection, we are the main authorized concessioner in Yellowstone, and as such, we are proud stewards of the park.
Get the Scoop from Employees on Instagram, TikTok and Facebook!
See Yourself Here
Applicants for a Sustainability task will be thought about for the following positions, based upon skill level:
Risk and Sustainability Specialist
- Must have educational or trade experience in the Sustainability, Environmental Health and Safety, and/or Risk Management fields.
- Exceptional composed and spoken communication skills; develop efficient relationships by favorably interacting with colleagues and visitors.
- Implement ISO 14001 standards including posts, signage, and training.
- Deal with other departments to guarantee employee orientations and trainings are conducted in accordance with policy. Coordinate examination programs and conduct walkthrough and visual assessments of threat and sustainabiity audits.
- Assist in occasions (beautificiation days, educational actrivities and competitors). Promote worker incentive programs.
- Assist recyclers when needed.
Recycling Technician (Positions Filled)
- Responsible for guaranteeing efficient collection of all recyclable products for the appointed place; sorting recyclable products from unrecyclable products.
- Ooperation of cardboard balers, glass crushers, and can crushers and safe operation of baling equipment.
- Preserve recycling areas to sanitation and resource management requirements.
- Help educate personnel on correct recycling procedures.
- Deal with the Sustainability Department to evaluate waste management opportunities, improve effectiveness of diversion programs and implement program changes as required.
Lead Recycler (Positions FIlled)
- Provide training to and guidance of less knowledgeable Location Recycling Technician(s).
- Offer direct feedback to department supervisors on recycling procedures and performance using existing business guidance and a collaborative, academic approach.
- Guarantee efficient collection of all recyclable products for the appointed location and sort recyclable products from unrecyclable products.
- Responsible for the operation of cardboard balers, glass crushers, and can crushers and safe operation of baling devices.
- Help inform staff on proper recycling treatments.
- Work with the Sustainability Department to assess waste management chances, enhance efficiency of diversion programs and implement program changes as required.
- Must be least 21 years of age and have a legitimate U.S. driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical examination.
- DOT road test – needed on area.
- Able to raise, press or pull bins with weights of 50-100 pounds every day
- Stand and bend throughout an 8-hour shift
- Understanding of or interest in finding out recyclable products, processing approaches and collection systems
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for work without regard to race, color, religious beliefs, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, national origin, impairment or veteran status.