ROLE: Events Coordinator – full-time beginning immediately
Do you have a passion for event planning and entrepreneurship? The ability to coordinate all aspects of our events while ensuring everything runs smoothly will determine your success in this role. A key focus will be on providing learning opportunities for business owners on the newest innovation supports. Are you the right candidate?
Community Futures Entre-Corp Business Development (www.entre-corp.albertacf.com) is seeking to hire an Events Coordinator for the APEX Regional Innovation Network (RIN). A key aspect will be organizing events that support businesses in the innovation space.
This position is a full-time position with access to supports at Community Futures Entre-Corp’s offices in Medicine Hat, Alberta, including professional development and significant opportunities to build your network. This is a term position that ends March 31st, 2025, with opportunity for extension subject to funding.
What is APEX?
APEX Alberta (www.apexalberta.ca) is a Regional Innovation Network (RIN) that supports the growth of innovative and technology-oriented businesses in Southeast Alberta. We work with companies that are problem solvers, inventors, and are creating products and services that are unique in Canada and potentially the world. We strive everyday to help diversify Alberta’s economy. APEX is not a stand-alone entity, but rather is a collaborative initiative between these core service providers: Community Futures Entre-Corp Business Development and Community Futures Chinook, Medicine Hat College, and Alberta Innovates.
What is the role?
The main functions of this role:
1. Creating and managing events both online and in-person
· Organize events that support business in the innovation space as well as to grow the Remotely Piloted Aircraft System (RPAS) sector across Alberta.
· Develop events to increase community engagement (e.g. tech-meet ups, forums, career fairs, panels, etc.)
· Send invitations, managing ticket sales, and responding to community inquiries.
· Establish relationships with venues and vendors, reserving event space, and hiring contract staff (caterers, promoters, etc.)
· Correspond with entrepreneurs, mentors, career professionals and speakers, to facilitate agreements for the events.
· Create event budgets and stay within those budgets.
2. Promoting these events through both online and traditional marketing channels
· Assist in the creation of promotional materials.
· Collaborate with partners and local stakeholders to complete RIN event objectives and grow attendance and participation.
· Gain potential sponsors
3. Surveying and reporting on all events.
· Make recommendations for continual optimization and performance improvement.
· Implement and maintain key impact metric tracking and reporting.
· Use a variety of reporting software and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems (e.g., TEA, CIS, etc.).
4. Other Duties
· Support the Team and Partners with executing operational and administrative components of programs and other activities as required
Your technical skills + strengths are:
- Business diploma or equivalent education and experience considered
- Advanced event planning experience:
– As the ideal candidate you have a minimum of 2 years experience organizing and implementing events both online and in person
– Experience reporting on event outcomes and metrics
- Strong time management skills to work with tight deadlines that require quick turnarounds
- Ability to multitask & prioritize while working on multiple events at one time
- Attention to detail with a keen eye to process, deadlines, and organization
- Experience using organizational software (e.g. Outlook, One Drive, Teams)
- Experience with online event platforms (e.g. Remo, Eventbrite)
- Experience utilizing promotional tools (social media, billboards, etc.)
- Ability to quickly learn new technology platforms.
- Strong customer service and relationship building skills
- Experience working in the Tech or RPAS sector will be seen as an asset
Achieve success within our organization’s culture:
- Embrace an attitude of “how can I help” to your work
- Take ownership and leadership of your work
- Build an open line of communication to discuss progress and any roadblocks
- Thrive in a collaborative team-based environment
- Be open to taking direction from multiple project leads
- Enthusiastic about showcasing your creativity, initiative, and strong judgement
- Have a passion for technology and innovation
The Details: This is a full-time, temporary role until March 31st, 2025 (opportunity for extension subject to funding)
Reports to: APEX RIN Manager & Community Futures General Manager (some direction provided by the Advisor of RPAS Strategy)
Location: Community Futures Entre-Corp office in Medicine Hat, Alberta
Type of Work: Due to the nature of this role, in-person office work is required, some travel may be required.
Salary Range: $50,000 per year starting, commensurate with experience. This role is eligible for base benefits.
Professional Development: Access to mentors and multiple training and development opportunities
Hours: While our core hours are 8:00am-4:30pm, we have a culture of flexibility and trust, recognizing the importance of life and work integration.
Must Have: Valid Class 5 driver’s license
Please apply by through Indeed with your resume, as well as a cover letter that explains who you are, why your skill set is a match for the job, and what excites you about this role.
Those selected for an interview will be contacted via email, but interviews will be held in person. We thank all interested individuals for their application, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 32 months
Salary: From $50,000.00 per year
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Event Planning: 2 years (preferred)
Application deadline: 2022-07-14