At McCarthy Tétrault, we offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities and are delighted to have been selected for the tenth consecutive year in 2022 as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers. Our culture is built on professional excellence, collaboration, innovation, thought leadership and entrepreneurialism. We embrace inclusion in all its forms and we provide the tools and opportunities to help our people develop to their full potential.
This position can be based out of Toronto. McCarthy Tétrault employees benefit from a hybrid work environment.
As an Events Coordinator, you will be:
- Working in tandem, Coordinator, Events will assist the Manager, Events in the coordination of all aspects of both in-person internal events as well as virtual or hybrid events for the firm events including:
- Working with the national Conference Services teams to provide direction and request support in executing internal events (onsite & offsite) and onsite client events
- Ensuring all documentation, including Meeting and Event Summaries and catering orders in EMS, are complete and accurate
- Coordinating both in-house third party providers and external vendors and suppliers in order to deliver on event needs pertaining to venues, rentals, entertainment
- Working directly with the third party Food & Beverage partner’s on-site supervisor to ensure catering activities are executed according to plan.
- Liaising regularly with Manager, Events and members of other cross-functional teams:
- Communicating audio-visual requirements to IT for the event, as well as coordinating room set-ups and catering arrangements
- Coordinating room set-ups and catering arrangements
- Ensuring after hours events support is in place (cleaning staff, elevator bank usage, vendor parking)
- Working collaboratively with the Clients & Markets team ensuring that event needs are fully met.
- Keeping the supervisor informed of progress on projects, as well as any issues that require escalation (unhappy client, outstanding payments, approvals for spends/agreements).Producing weekly event reports for Team Scoop.
- Fostering strong cross-departmental relationships as they relate to use of the Firm’s conference centre for both internal and client events.
- Answering incoming calls and emails promptly and professionally and addressing them in a timely and respectful manner.
- Maintaining utmost confidentiality regarding both internal and external client meetings and interactions.
- Other duties as assigned.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- College/University Diploma in business, marketing, communications, and/or a diploma in event planning required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in event planning preferably in a professional services/hospitality environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and customer focus.
- Strong professional demeanour and an approachable disposition.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure all tasks and client needs are anticipated and met promptly, with the utmost discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to develop strong professional relationships.
- High level of initiative, attention to detail, and excellent follow-up skills.
As a member of the McCarthy team, you will have access to:
- Competitive compensation including paid overtime.
- A commitment to professional development and growth opportunities for our people at all levels, supported by a culture that fully embraces and encourages two-way feedback.
- Strong community involvement and a commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- A collaborative, cohesive culture that connects lawyers and business teams through collective purpose.
We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status. McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Monday to Friday