Put your problem-solving skills to work. Join the Maintenance & Engineering team in Yellowstone National Park as a Facilities Asset Assistant!
The Engineering department is on the front end of a 20-year concessions contract with the National Park Service. Yellowstone National Park Lodges serves approximately 4 million visitors yearly, 3500 employees in park housing, 2000 guest rooms, and 1200 campsites. There are nearly 800 structures under our care throughout Yellowstone, including a new LEED Platinum dormitory and 2 National Historic Landmarks in the Old Faithful Inn and Lake Yellowstone Hotel. Learn more about the Maintenance and Engineering department.
We have a Facilities Asset Assistant position available for the summer 2022 season. Ideally you will be available for the full 2022 summer (mid-March to mid-November 2022). If living, working, and exploring in Yellowstone sounds intriguing and exciting to you, please read on.
Position Type: Seasonal
Season Dates: August 2022-November 2022
Schedule: Seasonal ~ 40 hours a week; may include weekends, evenings and holidays
Location: Mammoth Hot Springs
Perks & Benefits
- No Housing Included
- No Wyoming state taxes deducted from your paycheck
- Free Employee Recreation Program (athletics, gear rentals, seminars, entertainment, games, and more).
- $350 Referral Bonus for EACH person you refer who gets hired
- Time and a half paid above 40 hours
Click here for more perks
Why Yellowstone National Park Lodges
We are a welcoming community who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy crafting memorable experiences for our guests. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection, we are the primary authorized concessioner in Yellowstone, and as such, we are proud stewards of the park.
Get the Scoop from Employees on Instagram, TikTok and Facebook!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The Facilities Asset Assistant is responsible for:
- Follow documented procedures, create asset records and update information in existing asset records in the current computerized maintenance management system program.
- Some fieldwork required for asset identification, data collection, and application of asset tags on new andexisting assets.
- Work closely with the Facilities Asset Specialist, maintenance management, and park wide techs to trackand document the movement, removal, and decommissioning of assets.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
The Facilities Asset Assistant must possess:
- Knowledge of at least one Computerized Maintenance Management System, preferred but not required.
- Ability to follow written procedures and produce accurate work in capturing asset data.
- Ability to recognize inconsistencies or gaps in asset records needing correction.
- Experience and working knowledge of Microsoft Office software programs.
- Highly-developed organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
The Facilities Asset Assistant must:
- Be capable of lifting and moving objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Possess the physical stamina and conditioning required to climb, crawl, crouch, and squat in building spaces which may be hot, cold, noisy, dusty, underground or at significant height from the ground.
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, squat and kneel for long periods as required.
- Must be at least 21 years old and possess a current, valid driver’s license with a good driving record for the past 3 years.