The Field Service Technician is directly responsible for performing Field Service activities (as defined below). The Field Service Technician will visit various client sites to service, maintain, and repair generators, engines, and related equipment according to Genrep quality control standards and expectations.
- Service, maintain and repair generators, engines and related equipment according to Genrep quality control standards and expectations.
- Perform Megger and Load Bank testing as required. Perform troubleshooting and prepare diagnoses for mechanical and electrical issues as required.
- Maintain good time management skills and the ability to prioritize work In order to maintain specific levels of activity to ensure adequate revenue
- Contribute essential feedback from customers to the sales and management teams
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with other Genrep teams, customers, and customer representatives
- Maintain a clean and organized shop/workspace/van and ensure tools and equipment are always in good working order.
- Uphold a strong safety culture, performing duties in a safe and effective manner that follows all Genrep, provincial, and federal safety standards and guidelines.
- Maintain the Genrep image of professionalism and customer-orientation with consistent level of tidiness (e.g. clean uniform, clean truck).
- Other duties as required.
Work Hours: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Job Location: Mississauga, On
Reports to: Technician Supervisor
Desired Skill, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Post-secondary education with a diploma/degree in electrical, mechanical engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Work experience in a similar industrial engine/generator/electrical service capacity is essential.
- Annual Preventative Maintenance service experience.
- Understanding of CSA C282-15 – Guidelines for Generator Maintenance.
- Possess or working towards EGSA Certification.
- Electrical, Diesel and OBT1 license is an asset.
- Must hold a valid G Class driver’s licence, maintain a clean driving record and be willing to provide an annual driver’s abstract upon employment.
- Ability to physically lift to 100 lbs repeatedly; can work while standing for up to 8 hours and/or remain seated for up to 8 hours (while driving).
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to multi-task; excellent communicator both verbally and in writing in English (French communication skills would be an asset).
- Computer proficiency with a thorough knowledge of MS Office and social media tools (texting, skype, etc.).
Why Join Genrep Ltd.?
- Competitive Salary
- Shift Premiums + Overtime Available
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- RRSP Matching
- Boot + Tool Allowance
If you are interested in this Field Service Technician position, please, send us your resume and we will be in contact directly.
Thank you and we look forward to working with you!
GENREP LTD/LTEE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER WHICH VALUES WORKPLACE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES. APPLICANTS MAY FORWARD THEIR RESUME TO [email protected]. ACCOMMODATIONS ARE AVAILABLE ON REQUEST FOR CANDIDATES TAKING PART IN ALL ASPECTS OF THE SELECTION PROCESS.