Wage Range: $22-30*
- Commensurate with experience
Days: 6:00am – 4:30pm
Being a Fitter/Fabricator at WBM means you get to spend your days putting together puzzles, using steel, blueprints and tack welding. With each attachment being custom designed, every day can be a day for learning something new and for sharing your own knowledge and techniques with your teammates.
Weldco-Beales Manufacturing designs and manufactures specialized heavy equipment attachments for the construction, forestry, mining, scrap recycling, road maintenance and resource industries throughout Canada, the USA and internationally. Weldco prides itself on providing a great employee experience where safety is a way of life. Weldco-Beales is currently recruiting a Fitter/Fabricator for the Barrie manufacturing team. This position will report to the General Foreman.
Weldco-Beales prides itself on maintaining a strong culture of safety, hard work, and customer satisfaction. We embrace the values of safety, quality, and community. We are looking for hard working people who will stand behind our products and services to help us become the trusted leader in the heavy equipment industry.
Why join our team?
- Multiple schedule options with shorter work weeks
- Competitive pay, including Shift Premiums for Afternoon and Weekend shifts
- Comprehensive benefits package, including STD and LTD
- Employee Assistance Program
- Education and apprenticeship support including EI top-up payments
- A workplace the prides itself on safety, cleanliness, respect, and results
- Company Pension Plan with 3% company matching
- monthly incentive program with monetary rewards
- service awards in 5-year increments
- company/team events
- personal growth
- career advancement opportunities
What you will do:
- Work with heavy plate steel
- Read and interpret and blueprints
- Plan the sequence of tasks and assemble parts according to drawings
- Fabricate steel weldments and use measuring instruments
- Assemble and fit metal sections and plates together to form complete units or sub-units
- Fasten components together (by tack weld) in preparation for a welder to complete the process
- Adhere to quality control standards and procedures
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe work environment at all times
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years related experience
- Specific experience in a heavy steel fabrication/machining/assembly environment is considered desirable
- Knowledge of acetylene cutting
- Overhead crane experience is an asset
- Forklift experience is an asset
What you bring to the position:
- Safety conscious with knowledge of general safety practices
- Interpersonal skills to work collaboratively and cooperatively with people at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently at tasks that require concentration as well as physical effort
- Time management skills to productively complete work and meet all deadlines
- Organizational skills to plan out and coordinate work in a logical manner
- Analytical skills to identify problems and find a solution, or seek advice from the supervisor
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 20 kg.
If you feel you fit the overall profile, please clearly demonstrate this in your cover letter and resume when applying.
We are following provincial guidelines for COVID-19.
Weldco Companies is a subsidiary of IDC (Inuvialuit Development Corporation) and is 100% Inuvialuit owned. Weldco provides Employment and Career Development opportunities for its beneficiaries and employees. As an equal opportunity employer, Weldco’s goal is for our employees to be as diverse as our products. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply. If you require accommodation at any point throughout this process we will work with you to meet your needs.
Applications for this position may be kept on file for twelve months and may be considered for future positions within Weldco or IDC. Your interest in Weldco is appreciated. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Monday – Thursday, 6:00AM – 4:30 PM