The Pet Valu family of stores includes Pet Valu, Paulmac’s Pet Food, Bosley’s, Tisol and Total Pet and together we are one of the largest retail operations in North America dedicated to providing families with food and supplies for dogs, cats, companion birds, wild birds, fish, reptiles and small animals.
All of our stores are dedicated to helping local pets in need, and we partner with local shelters, rescues and charities for adoption events, in-store adoption (select stores only) and pet food bank programs, as well as through our national donation drives and fundraising campaigns.
At Pet Valu, we’re Pet Experts, and we’re pet lovers, too.
Keyholders assist with ensuring consistently great execution which allows us to invest in meaningful time with our customers. They recommend the best products and services to create the healthiest, most playful life for all pets. They share accountability to drive profit to fuel our growth and future as the Devoted Pet Lover’s life-cycle partner. The Keyholder assists with all operations in the store and helps represent their store in surrounding communities. They prioritize Safety, Compassion, Expertise and Efficiency in all they do, and they live by and coach to our Core Beliefs.
What you get:
- Staff Discounts
- Retail Training
- Competitive Wages
- Pet Care Knowledge
- Flexible Scheduling
What you do:
- Cashier and customer sales
- Preparing merchandise orders, banking and other miscellaneous paperwork
- Placing small items (under 10 lbs) including pet supplies, household items, etc. into stock in the sales area of the store
- Sweeping, dusting and other general store maintenance functions
- Assist in unloading delivery vehicles of cases and bags of pet food and supplies and putting these into stock (items up to 50 lbs.)
- Effectively open and close the store while following company procedures.
- In cases where the Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager are not in the store, Keyholder may assign daily goals and tasks to ACEs.
- Other duties and tasks as required
What you bring:
- At least 2 years of experience in retail or customer service
- Working knowledge of POS system
- Possess outgoing and friendly personality with strong customer service skills
- Ability to lift 50lbs repetitively
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule according to business needs, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to have reliable means of transportation to and from the store
- A valid driver’s license may be required
- Previous Key Holder experience is an asset
- Bilingualism an asset but not required