The Furniture Refinisher is responsible for the repair work and refinishing of furnishings utilized in the concession operation, and for finishing all furnishings restoration projects as appointed. This is a full-time, year-round position situated in Yellowstone National Park and based out of the Gardiner, MT. This position reports directly to the Manager of Support Services. If you want nature and wish to be a part of a great Engineering Team, this may be a great chance for you!
- Position Type: Full Time Year Round
- Wage: $20.50-$21.00/ hour
- Schedule: ~ 40+ Hours Per Week
- Place: Mammoth location of Yellowstone National Park
- Real estate: Housing is not ensured for this position; staff member might need to secure housing in Gardiner, Emigrant or Livingston, MT
The Must Haves
- Journeyman level (minimum 3-5 years) experience as a furnishings refinisher
- Competent in the use of woodworking tools
- Legitimate Driver’s License and Clean Driving Record
- Health care advantages
- Paid vacation
- Ill Time
- Xanterra Travel Collection discount rates
Why Yellowstone National Park Lodges
We are a welcoming community who strive, share a real enthusiasm for the environment, and enjoy crafting remarkable experiences for our guests. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection, we are the main authorized concessioner in Yellowstone, and as such, we are happy stewards of the park.
For more information about living, working, and exploring Yellowstone, take a look at our site.
- Responsible for completing all upholstery tasks (furniture, automotive and marine).
- Responsible for the miscellaneous repair work of awnings, tarps, covers, bags, tents, etc and for re-weaving and refurbishing of wicker, walking stick or rattan furniture.
- Responsible for preserving an appropriate supply of upholstery, unique projects and furniture restoration materials on hand for instant usage.
- Accountable for the fabrication of little in-house furnishings jobs such as dining room tray jacks, guest unit baggage racks, routed signs and photo frames.
- Accountable for the fabrication of specialized cabinets; including however not restricted to recycle cabinets, bus stands, present store screens and food and drink condiment stands.
- As a part of the Support Services Departments and based on staffing along with outdoors readily available assistance, this position may be asked to assist with furnishings moving jobs or function set ups and breakdowns along with other tasks as assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Proficient in making use of commercial spraying equipment.
- Skilled in the fabrication of routed wooden indications.
- Proficient in the weaving and repair work of wicker and cane furnishings.
- Fundamental knowledge and ability level of approaches, techniques and styling required to upholster furnishings, along with automobile and marine pieces.
- Proficient in cabinet making abilities and techniques.
- Ability to carry out appointed jobs to ensure quality completed products in a prompt way.
- Must be capable of lifting objects weighing approximately 70 pounds.
- Should be able to be on feet for at least 8 hours a day.
- Must have the ability to push, pull and bend over products on cutting tables and work surfaces.
- Need to have the ability to push, pull and bring objects into and out of structures along with up and down stairs.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All certified applicants will receive consideration for work without regard to race, color, religious beliefs, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, nationwide origin, special needs or veteran status.