We are looking for a seasoned General Laborer to be responsible for all general labor activities. The successful candidate will be punctual and dependable, with great time management skills. You will work regularly with warehouse, office, and management staff.
The General Laborer is responsible for a wide variety of duties in support of the daily warehouse operations.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
· Receives stock orders and prepares them to be picked.
· Picks orders
· Packs orders
· Observes and reports any issues to Warehouse Manager.
· Responsible for warehouse cleaning duties.
· Developing and contributing to a culture of continuous improvement and best practice
· Able to work on own initiative and within a team in a safe working manner
· Following all H&S aspects encouraging & mentoring staff to comply with WHMIS codes
· Performs other related duties as assigned by Management.
Job Specifications—Skills and Competencies:
· Must have a clean driving record, vehicle and ability to reliably commute between locations.
· Must be proficient in both written and spoken English.
· Proven ability to work as a team or individually.
· Excellent organizational skills, time management and attention to detail.
· Must be a self-starter and a team player.
· Must possess excellent problem-solving skills
· Must be punctual and dependable
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $18.50 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hamilton, ON L8H 3L5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- warehouse: 1 year (preferred)