Join our team as the Year Round Old Faithful General Maintenance Technician in Yellowstone National Park!
The General Maintenance Technician is a full-time, year-round position located in the Old Faithful area of America’s first National park; Yellowstone National Park. Our operations stretch over 2.2 million acres of breathtaking scenery, amidst steam, geysers, trout streams, magnificent wildlife and more. If you love the outdoors and want to continue your career as a General Maintenance Technician, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
- Position Type: Full Time Year Round
- Schedule: ~40+ Hours Per Week
- Location: Old Faithful area of Yellowstone National Park
- Housing: Included (for a nominal fee)
The Must Haves
- Valid Driver’s License and a clean driving record
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Healthcare benefits
- Paid vacation
- Sick Time
- Xanterra Travel Collection discounts
Why Yellowstone National Park Lodges
We are a welcoming community who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy crafting memorable experiences for our guests. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection, we are the primary authorized concessioner in Yellowstone, and as such, we are proud stewards of the park.
Get the Scoop from Employees on Instagram , TikTok , and Facebook !
- Provides general maintenance skills necessary for repair and maintenance of facility-related assets.
- Performs diagnosing of building systems as required.
- Performs work associated with cyclic, predictive and preventive maintenance procedures for related responsibilities.
- Provides assistance and oversight for the seasonal opening/closing of all Xanterra facilities in the Old Faithful area.
- Provides the technical skills necessary to effectively maintain and operate Xanterra assigned assets and facilities.
- Responsible for materials used and ordering of items needed for job completion or inventory replacement per established company procedures.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Must have knowledge of, and experience in facility maintenance, operation or construction.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are critical to this position. Must possess strong organizational skills.
- Must demonstrate the management and facility maintenance skills required to effectively and efficiently oversee maintenance operations.
- Must be a self-starter, able to troubleshoot problems, ask the right questions and have the confidence to make hard decisions based on the best information available.
- Must possess knowledge of OSHA General Industry (1910) and Construction (1926) standards.
- Must possess a strong working knowledge in the use of common Microsoft Office and CMMS software.
- This position may require the use of respiratory protection and the associated compliance with applicable regulations including a clean-shaven face and medical screening.
- Must be able to walk long distances over uneven terrain and climb stairs and ladders in all types of weather conditions.
- Must possess physical stamina to withstand heavy, labor-related work in an outside environment, including standing, bending, kneeling, crawling for extended periods of time when required.
- Must be capable of lifting objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, kneel, and crawl for extended periods of time as required.
- Must be willing and able to reside, year-round in a remote hospitality location with limited wintertime accessibility.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.