With 26,000 trained employees in 17 locations across Canada, we are Canada’s National Cleaning and Maintenance Company. From Vancouver to St. John’s, we maintain a diverse portfolio consisting of commercial, industrial, retail, recreational, educational and food manufacturing facilities.
700 Lawrence Allen center
- 7:30AM to 3:30PM
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sweep, mop, and wash floors, stairs and other surfaces (inside buildings).
- Garbage removal Auto scrubber use Garbage room cleaning. Mopping spills
- Vacuum rugs in offices and public areas. Spot clean daily and shampoo when directed rugs in assigned buildings.
- Clean and dust furniture, pictures, chairs, door trim, light fixtures, and all other horizontal surfaces high dusting.
- Wash windowsills; glass in interior doors, partition, and specified windows.
- Wash glass and trim at entrance doors, interior/exterior- Wash/spot clean interior walls as appropriate daily.
- Clean bathrooms and restock paper supplies daily. Standard bathroom procedures are to damp wipe glass surfaces, empty waste baskets, service soap and toilet paper dispensers, dust sills, clean tile walls, shelves, stall partitions, sweep/mop/scrub floors, etc.
- Help with room set-ups (Table & chairs)
- Monitors possible defects such as clogged urinals and lights out, and reports to supervisors.
- Collect building trash daily placing it in approved container and place in designated collection area for subsequent removal.
- Replace liners in waste baskets and trash containers per specs.
- High dusting, wall washing
- Other duties as needed.
- Prior cleaning experience
- Must be able to take direction, to work with minimal supervision, and to function cooperatively as part of a team
- Ability to use cleaning tools and equipment.
- Requires attention to detail, a pride in delivering excellent service, organization, and high levels of energy and endurance.
Must be able to pass a Criminal Background Check.
GDI Services (Canada) LP is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities up to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify GDI Services (Canada) LP if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require accommodation GDI Services (Canada) LP will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, and as part of GDI’s health and safety obligations as recommended by public health authorities, GDI requires that all employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless you have been granted an exception.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Monday to Friday
- Cleaning: 1 year (preferred)