Reason for Post :
Position Status :
Permanent- Full time
Work Shifts :
CIUSSS de l’Ouest-de-l’Île-de-Montréal
Job Territory :
Support for Elderly Autonomy Directorate
Reference number :
Number of days :
Length of Assignment :
Work Schedule :
Number of positions available :
Job Category :
Paratechnical personnel (BA, HSSA, Sterilization Attendant, etc.)
Posting Start Date :
Posting End Date :
The Montreal West Island IUHSSC is currently looking for Health and Social Services Aides (ASSS) to fill full-time needs for evenig shifts. These home support positions require travel throughout Dorval and Lachine and are based at the Ex-Hôpital de Lachine.
As an ASSS, you will be working with people who are losing their autonomy due to aging in order to assist them in their daily lives and contribute to their maintenance at home.
As part of his/her duties, the ASSS :
- Travels to living environments (homes) to accompany and support the user and his/her family in daily living or domestic life activities;
- Promotes user integration and socialization during individual and community activities;
- Ensures hygiene, well-being, comfort and satisfaction of the user’s general needs;
- Installs certain devices or provides more specific care for which he/she has been trained;
- May be called upon to prepare meals or to do housework;
- Informs the team members of his/her observations on the needs of the client and his/her family;
- In collaboration with the other caregivers, helps identifying user’s needs and participates in the service or intervention plan’s development and implementation.
Work schedule: 3:00 pm to 11:00 pm – Schedule may vary.
NB: The employee has to be available to work every other weekend.
The desired candidate:
- Holds a completed Diploma of Vocational Studies (DVS) in Home Care Assistance or in Institutional and Home Care Assistance;
- Is able to establish a therapeutic relationship with a French and English speaking clientele (bilingualism);
- Has a valid driver’s license and a car to travel within the IUHSSC territory.
Our benefits :
- Competitive salary of $25,63/hour to which bonuses may be added;
- Four (4) weeks of vacation after one year of full-time work;
- Thirteen (13) statutory holidays and 9.6 sick days per year;
- Job security after 2 years of full-time employment;
- A comprehensive insurance plan (health, life, salary);
- A defined benefit pension plan to ensure a reliable retirement income;
- A free employee assistance program (psychological support, nutrition, kinesiology, legal services or advice, etc.).
We thank all applicants. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
The West Island of Montreal IHSSUC has a program for the access to equal employment and invites natives, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities to apply for positions. Persons with disabilities can share their special needs in relation to the selection process for the position requested to facilitate the study of their application.
If you are applying for a mobile device (smartphone, tablet), you will receive an acknowledgment email asking you to go update your CV for your application to be considered.