NOTICE: JOB POSTING #0344
POSITION: Homemaker (Grid 1) 1 Part Time – Yukon Housing Centre, Vancouver
(Position is Temporary)
SALARY: $19.29 Per Hour (as per the Collective Agreement)
HOURS AND DAYS OF WORK:
· Friday through Monday
· Shift times will be Fri to Sat 08:00 – 16:00 Hours and Sun to Mon 09:00 – 17:00 Hours
· Shifts are 7.25 hours in length
· Days of rest shall be consecutive. Schedule may change with two weeks’ notice
· Probationary/qualifying period will be 488 hours with mid and end point reviews
The Homemaker reports to the Site Manager and works in accordance with the mission and philosophy of Lookout Housing and Health Society including following Lookout’s Code of Ethics. The Homemaker performs a variety of cleaning duties ensuring the cleanliness and tidiness of resident and/or shelter rooms and communal areas.
JOB DUTIES (In Brief):
· Clean rooms, change and make beds, do laundry, keep supplies organized and stocked, keep personal care supplies organized.
· General cleaning, laundry, washing, and disinfecting areas such as walls, windows, ceilings, floors, carpets, air vents, furniture, mattresses, blinds, and washrooms.
· Organize donations and oversee and direct volunteers.
· Assist clientele with personal hygiene and nutrition as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCE:
· Minimum Grade 12 education plus one (1) year of recent related experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
· Must have current Occupational First Aid Level 1 Certificate
· Must have two doses of COVID 19 Vaccine
· Crisis Intervention Skills Training is an asset
· Ability to work independently or in a team setting
· Ability to manage and organize workload
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and clearly, both verbally and in writing
· Must understand and maintain clientele/worker boundaries
· Ability to work with disadvantaged and challenging adults in a diverse environment
· Quick learner and self-motivated
· Strong physical and mental ability to perform work tasks
· Must be able to operate job related equipment such as laundry machines, etc.
· A minimum of two (2) years of sobriety if you have had concerns related to alcohol and/or drug use
· Criminal Record Clearance – Vulnerable Sector
Lookout Housing and Health Society is committed to empowering people from different races, gender, age, religion, identities and unique experiences. We welcome everyone from diverse backgrounds and encourage them to apply in order to foster an inclusive environment
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter and resume, and quote Job Posting # in the subject line
CLOSING DATE: Applications will be accepted until June 7, 2022 at 5:00pm
“All employees, including laid off and displaced employees, are entitled to apply on the vacancy and be considered pursuant to the provisions of Article 12.9.” Internal applicants must notify manager of intent to apply. External applicants will be reviewed after Internal.
ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WELCOME TO APPLY. THOSE SHORT-LISTED WILL BE CONTACTED.
c. BCGEU, Shop Steward
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $19.29 per hour
- Secondary School (preferred)