FoxWise is an Indigenous-owned firm specializing in the provision of IT solutions and services. We are dedicated to furthering Indigenous prosperity by providing industry leading Information Technology (IT) solutions and services to Indigenous organizations, all levels of Government, and corporations through Indigenous procurement and social economic responsibility programs.
FoxWise actively seeks to recruit, train, and hire an Indigenous workforce and has a strong team of First Nations experts with extensive experience working with Indigenous communities and government.
The Business Development Representative (BDR) is responsible for identifying and creating new qualified Federal Government opportunities for the Account Executives.
This role manages the outbound campaigns of their sales division by qualifying active buying interest and identifying critical decision makers to successfully position the FoxWise value proposition. BDRs who establish high performance and are strong representations of the FoxWise Core Values will have potential for new challenges and career advancement.
Join a team that is invested in your future, who provides training, coaching, and career path development. If you are someone who gets things done, entrepreneurial, is curious, and coachable, come make FoxWise the place to learn, grow, and accelerate your career.
How you’ll make a huge impact here – and in your career:
- Make 25+ outbound contacts each day
- Creative outbound prospecting within the Federal government including Crown Corporations Agencies, and First Nation communitites
- Leveraging sales tools such as LinkedIn Navigator to network with potential customers
- Achieving and exceeding metrics (activity, appointments, qualified leads, etc.) – Crush your quota
- Gain business knowledge through researching how different departments operate, leadership structures, what their pain points are and challenges they face everyday
- Representing FoxWise at Indigenous events
- Continuous professional development
- Researching and tracking departments Indigenous spend and Indigenous procurement strategies
- This is an individual contributor role that reports to a sales director who values in-the-moment coaching, regular one on ones as well as autonomy to allow you to own your success
- Actively contribute to creating and refining content used in prospecting activity
- Effective questioning, probing, and listening that leads to a successful sales cycle
- Building relationships and strategies with key OEM’s, in partnership with the Account Executive team
Skills and qualifications, you’ll bring:
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Exceptional phone, written, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Obsessively organized with attention to details and able to adapt to changing priorities
- Resourceful and curious individual with a sharp intellect and the ability to rapidly absorb new concepts
- Resilience, perseverance, and an ability to overcome objections
- Demonstrate empathy for customers struggles
- A knack for learning fast and solving problems
- Familiarity with Information Technology concepts and ability to learn quickly
- Social media mastery
- Persuasive and influential verbal communication skills
- Results-driven attitude
- Strong team spirit
- Driver’s license
- Bonus points for Indigenous procurement experience
The office is located in Ottawa and preference will be given to candidates that reside in the Ottawa region and can work in the office when required.
Consistent with our commitments to equity and diversity, we actively recruit from all designated groups. We also provide employment accommodation upon request to current staff members and to applicants during the recruitment process. We aim to provide a work environment where excellence is allowed to flourish and diversity is prized. FoxWise is committed to providing accommodation throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, the hiring manager and the human resources contact will work with you to meet your needs.