Title: Lil ‘wat Infant Development Program Department: Maternal Child Health
Status: Full Time Permanent
Reporting to: Maternal Child Health Team Lead
Summary of Duties:
Under the instructions of the Maternal Child Health Manager, the Infant Development Program Coordinator, will provide a wide variety of programs, resources and services straight to kids and families. The Infant Development Program Coordinator will supply a high level of advocacy for client households.
Secret Deliverables and Expectations:
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Lil’wat Nation formal strategies, policies, standards and treatments
- Maintains confidentiality on all matters to the affairs of the Lil’wat Nation and their clients.
- Supplies screening and assessment of children to determine needs
- Supplies culturally pertinent assistances and services to households up to school entry who have or at risk of developmental delays
- Offers information and referral for assessments to such specialists as speech and language therapists, pediatric physiotherapists, social workers and other professionals
- Offers outreach to kids and households for the function of engaging them in several services and/or community resources
- Develops a kid and family service plan that describe the specific services to be offered to each child and household
- Carries out home check outs to support kids and households
- Provides a variety of resources to caregivers including information in a range of formats, workshops and training and a financing program of age appropriate resources and furniture
- Carries out other associated duties as requested.
Experience and Attributes:
- Early Childhood Certification (ECE), degree in Child and Youth Care or related humanities
- Legitimate First Aid/CPR
- Clear Criminal Record Check
- Minimum 2 years experience in an Early Childhood Education setting