The West Nipissing General Hospital was built in 1977 and boasts a clean, modern facility, with over 100 beds in operation at any given time. The Hospital operates a 24/7 Emergency Department serviced by General Practitioners, visiting Surgeons, Anesthetists, and Internists.
The West Nipissing General Hospital hosts regular cardiology, urology, nephrology, otolaryngology, endoscopy, surgical lumps & bumps and psychiatry clinics and consultation visits by specialists. There exists an excellent referral relationship between West Nipissing General Hospital and the Regional Health Centre in North Bay and Health Sciences North in Sudbury. The West Nipissing General Hospital is the sponsoring agency for a community Mental Health and Addictions Program. The program is located on-site with 2 visiting bilingual psychiatrists. Chapel services, volunteers, and a tuck shop assist in providing quality care and meeting the needs of the community.
The West Nipissing General Hospital collaborates with the Ontario Telemedicine Network to provide consultations and follow-up visits with specialists. In addition, Ontario Telemedicine Network hosts numerous education events for both staff members and physicians. The West Nipissing General Hospital offers a satellite Oncology program through the Regional Cancer Program of Northeastern Ontario Regional Cancer Centre. Chemotherapy services are provided to the residents of West Nipissing
The IT Support Technician will perform a variety of duties related to upgrading, installation, layout and the maintenance of Hospital network components and infrastructure.
Status: Permanent, Full-time
Language: Bilingualism (French & English) an asset
This position offers an attractive benefit insurance plan, as well as membership in the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP).
- Post-Secondary Education with a concentration in information systems, computer science and/or related field is required
- Experience configuring hardware and software, setting up peripherals such as printers or routers, repairing equipment an asset
- Experience with the upgrading, installation, operation, and maintenance of computer systems and other technologies, such as the Hospital communication system an asset
- Knowledge of computer networking systems and computer hardware is essential
- Ability to troubleshoot network systems and computer hardware and make repairs
- Certification offered by certain hardware and software vendors, such as Microsoft, is an asset
- Proven effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated critical problem solving and decision-making skills
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to work in a team setting
The WNGH has policies in place to demonstrate its commitment to ensuring that all individuals are provided with meaningful employment that is ethical and fair, and is in compliance with all applicable employment and human rights legislation.
For the protection of our patients and residents, the hospital requires successful candidates to submit a satisfactory criminal record check (vulnerable sector search) dated within 6 months as a condition of employment.
The WNGH is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Should you require accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact the Human Resources Office.