Working within Strike’s Project Group Strike’s Journeyman Ironworker’s assist in laying out, installing and fabricating structural steel in live and greenfield environments. Work assignments include cutting steel, interpreting blueprints, rigging, directing cranes, assisting welders and setting structural steel. Employees are expected to support and participate in a “culture of safety” and adhere to and be ambassadors of Strike’s Code of Conduct and Values, and to treat others with dignity, respect and fairness.
POSITION LOCATION/ DETAILS
- 14 days on & 7 days off shift schedule (10.5 hours a day) camp based position
- Located at Hidden Lake located approximately 2.5 – 3 hours from Manning, AB
- Strike will provide bussing from Crossfield & Edmonton and bussing daily from camp to site
- Travel allowance of $800 will be paid once per shift
- Read blueprints and specifications to lay out the work
- Assemble and erect pre-fabricated structural supports
- Signal crane operator to position steel units according to
- Erect and install hoisting, equipment and rigging
- Position steel units, align holes and insert temporary bolts
- Unload and install pre-cast components
- Performs physically demanding tasks such as lifting and moving structural steel/plates while standing for extended periods of time and securing steel in hard to reach areas
- Identifies, initiates, recommends, and assists in issue resolution processes
- Identify, recognize, and demonstrate safe usage of power tools and hand tools appropriate for the
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- Work with non-destructive Testing Inspector
- Conduct repairs, modifications, and retrofits
- Welding of pipe spools with an emphasis on Safety, Quality and Production while working in accordance to client specifications and Strike’s weld procedures
- Monitor parts usage and report on any material issues
- Possess a valid Journeyman certificate of qualification issued by the appropriate provincial or federal authority
- Fall arrest and man lift training is considered an asset
- Previous construction experience would be considered an asset
- WHIMIS, CSTS, and Standard First Aid
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- experience working at heights
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Capable of working as part of a team
- Fluent in speaking and reading English
- Must be able to follow directions
Why work for Strike:
Based in Western Canada with a head office in Calgary, Alberta, we provide energy and industrial construction and maintenance services across the largest geographical area in Canada.
At Strike we continuously demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity, and initiative. This has been shown through the recognition of being named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and then later recognized at Platinum Level for Canada’s Best Managed Companies distinction since 2018.
Our team is comprised of loyal, supportive, and forward-thinking industry professionals. We foster a stable, safe, and community-minded environment where you can embrace professional development and maximize your upward mobility. At Strike we also reward our own people for their continuous commitment, energy, enthusiasm, and results. Our culture at Strike is highly important to us, which is why we make many efforts to support those employed at Strike.
Strike’s main value is that every employee gets home safe. We are a safety focused company that allows our employees to work efficiently with the safest equipment and procedures. At Strike, we have created a community that supports the importance of physical and mental health. As we value the importance of treating others as we wish to be treated, Strike has a welcoming and inclusive team.
Strike Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Join our fast-growing company with a small business feel.