What We Are Looking For
The Assistant Manager, Laundry Operations directs laundry operations through a team of managers and supervisors to ensure customer and employee’s satisfaction while utilizing maximum efficiency in manpower, materials, and machines. They also provide training for all laundry employees in the areas of safety, job performance, and quality control. They will also be expected to assist on the floor as needed.
At Yellowstone National Park Lodges, we depend on our team members to help guests find their ultimate Yellowstone experience—all while working to protect and preserve the park for future generations. No matter what your job is, you will be a proud steward of the park.
We have an Assistant Laundry Manager opening available for the 2021/22 season. Ideally, you will be available to work a full season (March 2022 through November 2022). If living, working, and exploring in Yellowstone sounds intriguing and exciting to you, please read on.
- Start Date: March 2022
- Employment Type: Seasonal, Full time
- Schedule: Varies – 40+ hours per week.
Perks & Benefits
- In-park housing provided including Wi-Fi (limited bandwidth), laundry, and all utilities. Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate pets or families in our dorm-style housing.
- All meals provided including breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Rate of Pay: $825/wk
- Free Employee Recreation Program (athletics, gear rentals, seminars, van trips, hiking, and more).
- $350 Referral Bonus for EACH person you refer who gets hired
Click here for more perks
What You Are Looking For
- Are you interested in working, living, and being an ambassador in Yellowstone National Park?
- Are you looking to make friends with people from all over the world?
- Do you have a positive attitude and solid work ethic?
- Are you seeking upward mobility and growth opportunities?
- Are you looking to gain experience in tourism & hospitality operations
- Are you enthusiastic about Xanterra’s sustainability initiatives?
Why Choose Yellowstone National Park Lodges
We are a welcoming community who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy crafting memorable experiences for our guests. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection, we the primary authorized concessioner in Yellowstone, and as such, we are proud stewards of the park.
- Provides leadership for employee relations through effective communications, training, coaching, and development.
- Provides leadership for problem resolution to facilitate improvement and improved working relationships.
- Manages production requirements to increase per hour measures and reduce labor expense.
- Performs all duties toward the goal of maximizing guest satisfaction and meeting financial commitments.
- Provides effective training for all laundry staff in the areas of safety, job performance, and quality control.
- Provides continuous verbal performance feedback, coaching as needed for employee performance improvement. Completes documentation of coaching and disciplinary action in accordance with company policy. Provides written feedback using HIGs according to company policy.
- Works with the Production Supervisor, Wash Deck Lead, Distribution Supervisor, and Laundry Office Coordinator to ensure employees are meeting production standards and ensures that all areas in the laundry are operating effectively and efficiently.
- Oversees the quality of linens produced by the laundry. Assists the Operations Manager in setting quality standards. Maintains daily tracking systems for rewash and discard.
- Ensures compliance with cost control, waste reduction, OSHA, all safety requirements (including DOT/CDL), and complete and on time delivery at lowest possible cost.
Skills and Knowledge
- Commitment to outstanding guest service.
- Leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Organizational and time management skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet commitments on time.
- Business communication skills, including professional telephone manner and clear, concise, and professional written communication.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office software, including:
- Using Outlook to manage multiple e-mail accounts,
- Using Word to create memoranda and manuals,
- Knowledge of company and laundry policies and procedures helpful.
- Knowledge of OSHA, DOT/CDL, and EPA standards helpful.
- Knowledge of Yellowstone Park and properties helpful.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license. Some in-park travel required.
- Frequent standing, walking, sitting, reaching outward and above the shoulder for up to six hours per shift.
- Requires occasional climbing, crawling, and squatting/kneeling. Could total up to 3 hours per day.
- Must be able to lift items weighing up to 75 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Must be able to push or pull items weighing up to 400 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Must be able to wear earplugs on a frequent basis. Could total up to 5 hours per day.
- Employee disciplinary action, including Discussion Records and Written Actions.
- Respond immediately to any unsafe situation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.