The Laundry Maintenance Technician Lead is a full-time, year-round position located outside the North Entrance of Yellowstone National Park in our Park-wide Laundry Facility.
This position is responsible for assisting the Chief Engineer to ensure successful repairs of the Commercial Laundry Facility to include: on-the-job safety of assigned Laundry Maintenance Technicians; assists in recruiting, hiring, training and retention. Leadership talent, interpersonal and management skills are a must! Assists with development and implementation of training documents and preventative maintenance procedures for laundry maintenance personnel.
Position Type: Year Round, Full Time
Schedule: ~ 40 hours a week; may include weekends, evenings and holidays
Location: Gardiner, Montana
Housing: Not included, most employees find housing in Gardiner, Emigrant or Livingston, MT
What We Provide:
- Vacation, Holiday and Sick Leave
- Health, life and other insurance benefits
- Free Access to our Employee Recreation Program (hiking, photography, camping, wildlife watching, and more!)
- Discounts in and around Yellowstone
Why Yellowstone National Park Lodges
We are a welcoming community who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy crafting memorable experiences for our guests. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection, we are the primary authorized concessioner in Yellowstone, and as such, we are proud stewards of the park.
Get the Scoop from Employees on Instagram , TikTok , and Facebook !
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Responsible for on-the-job safety of assigned Laundry Maintenance Technicians as well as for mitigation of risk for other employees affected by laundry maintenance activities.
- Responsible for training, scheduling, and leading laundry maintenance staff in repair and maintenance activities; ensuring that all work is accomplished in a safe, timely, and professional manner.
- Assists with recruiting, hiring, training and retention.
- Provides management and technicial skills for effectively performing maintenance and repairs to assigned laundry assets.
- Assist with ensuring maintenance labor and materials are accurately recorded.
- Maintains a spirit of cooperation between Laundry Maintenance and Laundry Operations department.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Must be familiar with, or able to quickly learn the principals of commercial laundry equipment operation and maintenance.
- Must possess and have demonstrated leadership talent and management skills and have effective communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Must possess effective interpersonal skills to interact with in plant personnel as well as representatives from other departments, contractors and other staff in the facility.
- Must possess electrical, plumbing, boiler, pneumatic, hydraulic, and HVAC systems knowledge.
- Must be proficient in the use of personal computers, Microsoft Office software.
- Must be at least 21 years old and possess a current, valid, driver’s license with a good driving record for the past 3 years.
- Must be able to work in confined areas and to work in areas with hot temperatures ranging from 80 to 120 degrees for up to 30 minutes.
- Must be able to work while wearing respiratory protection.
- Must be able to work in a noisy environment while wearing hearing protection.
- Must be able to climb ladders and work at heights of up to 10 feet.
- Must be capable of lifting objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must possess physical stamina and condition to be continuously active including walking, bending, crawling, and lifting overhead throughout an 8-10 hour shift.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.