Since 1974, Shermco has become North America’s largest and fastest growing NETA-accredited electrical testing organization. Our focus is to make sure electrical power systems are functioning properly and safely. Add to that our Professional Engineering Group, Rotating Machinery Division, Renewable Energy Services, and Field Repair and local Repair Service Centers, places Shermco in a position to handle all things electrical. All done with an emphasis on safety and client service. That’s why we say… if it’s in the electrical power system, Shermco does it.
Backed by Gryphon Investors, a leading private equity firm focused on profitably growing and competitively enhancing middle-market companies in partnership with experienced management, Shermco is poised for the next decade and beyond.
Shermco Canada is seeking a Lead Technical Services Representative.
Lead Technical Services Representative
Join our team of leaders in electrical power system testing and commissioning. We are seeking a Lead Technical Services Representative to join our team in Edmonton, AB. Shermco has one of the largest field services divisions in the industry.
- Perform and mentor crews of Field Service Representatives to safely inspect, test, troubleshoot, perform start-up, and collect data of low, medium, and high voltage (480 Volt to 600 kV) electrical systems.
- Provide clients with recommendations for possible repairs or upgrades required through assessing technical issues on site
- Instrument transformer tests
- Test both electro-mechanical and solid-state relays
- Power transformer testing – Doble, TTR, Insulation Resistance, etc.
- Automatic transfer switch troubleshooting
- Cable testing – Tan Delta, Power Factor, VLF, DC Hipot
- Low, Medium, and High voltage switchgear and circuit breaker testing
- Provide and manage timely, accurate, and complete reporting of maintenance / testing results
- Rotate emergency on-call duty and if called respond to customer emergencies in a timely manner
- Be responsible for managing multiple small jobs through coordinating the effective use of technical staff, equipment, and other resources, ensuring jobs are completed to client standards, and enforcing Shermco policies and procedures
- A diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology, degree in Electrical Engineering
- 7+ years of experience in an Electrical Engineering Technologist role will be considered an asset
- PSE or C.E.T designation will be considered an asset
- Cable termination experience with brands such as 3M, Raychem, Pfisterer will be considered an asset
- NETA certification is considered an asset
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and clean abstract as fieldwork will be a requirement of this position
- Canadian passport is required as some travel is necessary
- Excellent organization, time management and negotiation skills
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Exceptional technical, analytical and numerical skills
- Team player who will be committed to success of the team and organization
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to customer satisfaction
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Shermco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability and conviction for an offence for which a pardon has been granted or in respect of which a record suspension has been ordered.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Shermco from a third party, such as an Agency, including unsolicited resumes sent to Shermco mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Shermco System Integration employees, or to Shermco System Integration resume database will be considered Shermco property. Shermco will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.