ST. AUGUSTINE, TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO, WEST INDIES
FACULTY OF MEDICAL SCIENCES
Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate must possess a Doctor of Medicine (DM) in Radiology or equivalent postgraduate qualification
Candidates should also possess:
- (Ideally) at least five (5) years postgraduate experience (after graduation) in the Radiology specialty.
- Clinical decision making and communication skills
Candidates with the following would have an advantage:
- Degree or Certificates in Medical Education
- (Ideally) at least two (2) years teaching experience at the postgraduate level
- Ability to conduct research
- Successful award of grant as a Principal Investigator or member of a team
- At least three (3) publications in high-impact, peer-reviewed journals for their field of research, and/or co-authored papers
- Ability to use online pedagogical platforms such as Blackboard Collaborate (BBC) and Zoom
The following would be considered assets:
- Subspecialty training in Radiology
- Evidence of the provision of subspecialty service (e.g. Interventional Radiology, Neuroradiology
- Ability to use teaching aids such as PowerPoint presentations
Candidates must be registered or able to be registered as a specialist in Radiology with the Medical Board of Trinidad and Tobago.
- Providing work-based clinical supervision and teaching of undergraduate and postgraduate students
- Supervising postgraduate research projects
- Teaching of Radiology for the MBBS degree and the DM Radiology programmes via online and face to face modes.
- Managing a Radiology Service
- Mentoring students
The Campus places high priority on individuals of integrity who can work well in a team and student friendly environment. Candidates should also possess good communication and interpersonal skills. A good command of both oral and written English is essential. Candidates should also:
- Be able to function as a team leader
- Uphold the highest standards of professional practice and behaviour, and medical ethics
- Have a strong interest in mentoring staff
Detailed application and full curriculum vitae should be sent to the Campus Registrar, c/o HR Division (Appointments Section), Main Administration Building, The University of the West Indies, St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I. via e-mail: HRApplications@sta.uwi.edu. Three (3) referees (one of whom should be from your present organization) must be indicated. Application forms may be obtained at http://www.sta.uwi.edu in the Faculty & Staff, Staff Vacancies section. Further particulars including remuneration package may also be obtained at the above address. In order to expedite the appointment procedures, applicants are advised to ask their referees to send their signed references under CONFIDENTIAL cover DIRECTLY to the Campus Registrar at the above address without waiting to be contacted by the University. Applications received after the deadline date will not be considered.
Deadline for receipt of applications: 2022 October 30