Jones Emery has been a leading law practice in Victoria for over 50 years. We are looking for strong, proactive assistants who wish to get experience while enjoying a work-life balance in one of the most beautiful cities in Canada.We are currently seeking a full-time Legal Administrative Assistant/Paralegal to support our Wills and Estates Department. The function offers a chance to operate in an enjoyable, effective team environment with a focus primarily on Wills and incapacity preparation and is based in-office. We offer our workers an excellent work-life balance, a competitive salary and an advantages bundle commensurate with experience as well as a congenial workplace. The successful prospect will handle
file development to completion, report to clients, and also take care of the day-to-day administrative duties of a busy practice(jobs lists, file company, appointment reservations, diarizations, preparing accounts, filing). The effective candidate needs to also be detail-oriented, a self-starter, precise, and exceptional multitasking, interaction, and company abilities.
Our company uses competitive incomes commensurate with our assistants’ experience level. We intend to speak with you!
- LAA/Paralegal certificate from a recognized program
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Wills and Estates
- Experience in estate preparation including preparing wills, insurance coverage declarations, powers of attorney, healthcare representation arrangements, and accompanying documents.
- Assisting with the preparation of estate planning documents, Wills, Powers of Attorney and Representation Agreements;
- Assisting with the preparation of trust files including Trust Deeds and Resolutions
- Experience with MS Office
- Ability to work separately and as part of a group
- Ability to focus on work and meet tight deadlines
- Exceptional attention to information, superior analytical and organizational skills
- Exceptional interaction and interpersonal abilities
- Drafting and modifying wills and inability preparation files
- Completing files for signature
- Transcribing dictation
- Developing and keeping filing systems
- Opening and arranging customer files and managing file timelines
- Processing performed client files and preparing reporting letters
- Assisting with client billings and preparing invoices and account letters
- Keeping as much as date contact info
- Liasing with customers
- Collaborating with Estate Administration legal assistance group
- Communicating internally with legal representatives, and personnel on numerous matters
- Administrative responsibilities consist of handling calendars, coordinating conferences
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $39,652.00 each year
Double vaccination is needed, social distancing and minimum capability rules remain in location.
Capability to commute/relocate:
- Victoria, BC: dependably commute or strategy to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- AEC/ DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
- legal assistant: 1 year (preferred)