We are looking to add experienced and well rounded cooks to our team.
Our chef team have created a positive learning and working environment, with great
systems in place. We work hard, we strive to push and grow, and get better, and take on more… but we also enjoy a light fun atmosphere, and an “always-approachable” mentality.
We are also located inside the Granville Island Hotel, and with multiple venues, banquets, weddings, meeting rooms all returning in the future, we will be looking to add several great people to our team.
These individuals should be motivated, hard-working, and willing to learn.
They are likely to have aspirations to be a Chef/Owner/Operator of their own establishment one day.
The candidate should have great communication/interpersonal skills, and be able to move
with urgency and pace.
Who are we:
- Dockside Restaurant @ Granville Island Hotel
- Casual Fine Dining in a unique & stunning location
- winner of Gold Plates Best Patio in the city 11 years running
Where are we:
- We are located on Granville Island, right on the waterfront with unobstructed views of
False Creek, Olympic Village, Science World
- 2 years line cook/prep (preferred)
- Foodsafe certification
- Training from a recognized culinary institution
- Execute the items on the menu to the Chef/Sous Chefs standards as directed; meeting dietary requirements where required
- Organization and ownership of the section/station being worked, with quality control,
forward thinking and planning skills * Follow recipes and presentation specifications
- Operate kitchen equipment safely & efficiently
- Clean and maintain station in practicing good safety and sanitation
- Adhere to all sanitation and food production codes
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $19.00-$23.00 per hour
- Overtime pay
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC V6H 3R9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- cooking: 2 years (required)
- Food Safe, SafeCheck, Food Handler or equivalent (required)