About KINTON RAMEN
Established in May 2012, KINTON RAMEN was one of Toronto’s first Japanese ramen restaurants. Led by Executive Chef Aki Urata and his team of professional ramen chefs, KINTON RAMEN strives to offer guests an extraordinary dining experience every time. Using the freshest ingredients to make the best quality noodles and broths, KINTON RAMEN invites customers to taste their exceptional ramen bowls right down to the last drop.
We are currently looking for full-time / part-time Line Cook!
$15/hour + tips (if applicable)
- Prepare and portion all items, promptly, efficiently and with attention to detail
- Monitor food temperatures. Report any discrepancies
- Utilize various kitchen skills and cooking methods to meet Brand standards
- Prepare and stock all line product items and garnishes including maintaining assigned par levels
- Evaluate quality of food product and prep items. Report any discrepancies
- Wash and sanitize all glassware, dinnerware, cutlery and serviceware, ready for use
- Set up pots, pans, trays, kitchen service items and utensils for soaking when required and washing as needed
- Operate dishwasher as directed. Ensure chemicals and water temperature are as expected
- Maintain dishwashing areas to ensure the utmost organization and visual appeal
- Perform necessary trash and waste duties as required
- Maintain kitchen areas to ensure the utmost organization and visual appeal
- Follow proper inventory and receiving procedures
- Comply and action all health, food safety and hygiene standards and policies
- Other duties may be assigned
- Minimum of 1 year of previous restaurant kitchen or cooking experience is an asset
- Food Handler, Food Safety, or equivalent certification is an asset
Skills & Qualifications
- Strong communication skills in English; Japanese and French are considered an asset
- Energetic – ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Team player – assist in a positive guest experience however necessary
- Proven ability to keep an organized work environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position works in extreme temperatures- hot and cold and requires standing for up to 8 hours per shift, walking, bending, kneeling, and stooping all day. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position also requires lifting to 40lbs from floor to waist, and waist to shoulder. This position also requires twisting, turning, and reaching.
Aside from working at the best Japanese Ramen spot in Canada, you can participate in our:
- Staff discount across all Kinka Family group restaurants globally (KINKA IZAKAYA, KINTON RAMEN, JaBistro, NEO COFFEE BAR, KINKA SUSHI BAR IZAKAYA)
- Staff meals
- Referral Program
- Flexible shift schedules available
About KINKA FAMILY
Founded in 2009, KINKA FAMILY was born from our passion to revolutionize Japanese hospitality experiences and to bring original and flavourful Japanese food to the world. Today, we’re recognized as Canada’s largest Japanese restaurant brand, operating a diverse portfolio of restaurants and cafés around the world.
We have several brands under our umbrella and each brand is unique in its concept to bring guests on a unique culinary journey unlike any other. As we look ahead, our standards for excellence in our food and service continue to be our guiding vision so that we can give our guests the best Japanese food experience.
Diversity & Inclusion
KINKA FAMILY invites applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation for interviews or other meetings, please feel welcome to note your needs in your application.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From $15.00 per hour
- Overtime pay
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- cooking: 1 year (preferred)
- Food Safe, SafeCheck, Food Handler or equivalent (preferred)